Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, December 26, 2016

The "My Holiday Season", edition.

Good Monday morning!  So yeah. My holiday season usually starts in November. Mom's birthday is on Veterans Day. Then we have Thanksgiving Day. Then Shawn's birthday, my birthday, my parents anniversary is December 24. Then Christmas Day followed by New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Whew!  It's one big celebration!  Now that being said, I didn't have the holiday spirit I usually have. I wasn't sad or melancholy, it  just seemed I was too busy doing stuff.   

We've already gone over events in November and Shawn's birthday and my birthday. But! I had a pre birthday gift. A few days before my birthday, my best friend from high school, Sherri, came to town with her two (adult) children!  We hadn't seen each other in decades. And it was an absolute joy to see her!  They were in Las Vegas for the first time, for a very short, too short a time. They flew in on Thursday...and the flight was delayed..ugh..and left Saturday morning. 

We met up Friday morning. Brian and I thought it was chilly, but Sherri and her family explained to us they had just left 17 degrees. Brian and I stood corrected!  Anyway. They were staying downtown. Which I think is a great intro to Vegas. And my favorite part.  We gave them the grand tour. I must add that day, we had extremely high winds. It was so windy that the sand and dust kicked up from those vacant desert fields and made visibility almost impossible. The wind speed was so high that the freeway was closed where there was bridge construction for fear that loose equipment would fall on cars below. Which caused a most impressive Las Vegas traffic jam. 

The good news is that the traffic jam didn't deter us. We just needed to take a detour. So Sherri and her family got a really grand tour of Las Vegas and parts of Henderson!  Parts of Las Vegas that most visitors don't see. They also got a chance to see Wayne Newton's compound and the UNLV campus.  Lol. Yes. Our detour was that deep. We finally made it back downtown and had lunch at Zydecos. Eventually our visit came to end. And they needed to explore more of downtown. Did I mention her children are great?  They hover over their mom like little helicopters and are as sweet as they can be. They will return. Stay longer.  And the son, who made the reservations was eying a strip hotel for the next visit!  I enjoyed the visit and look forward to seeing them again! 

My kid arrived on the 21st. She traveled to New York to visit a friend and then they traveled from New York to Washington DC to visit the Museum of African American History!  Shawn says she wants to go back and we should go also. Then! She left from DC for Vegas. I made the reservation. And belatedly I wondered why I scheduled her flight to leave DC at 5:30 AM and stopover in Charlotte before eventually getting to Las Vegas. Especially when she was sending me texts about her status....3 hour time difference. Lol. Getting texts starting at 2:30 AM my time until she landed at McCarran. :-/  I'm thinking I got the least expensive flight.  Lol. Anyway. She arrived at 9:30 AM Vegas time. And as far I was concerned, this was my Christmas present!  My baby is here!!!!!

On the dialysis front, I altered my schedule so I would not have to do treatment on Christmas Day.  The bonus was having Shawn in the room with us while I was doing treatment. Sometimes we don't have to talk...just being together is wonderful!!  

That's it for today. You know there's more to come!  Have a great day. We're going to the movies today and chilling. We've got a full week ahead!  Take care and enjoy the day!  



Me and Sherri In front of the giant Christmas tree in downtown Las Vegas on Fremont Street. 


No comments:

Post a Comment