Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The "Trying This Again", edition.


Good Tuesday morning. I'm giving this blog another chance. The past several times I wrote, the software sent my post into cyber nothingness. Seeing an hours worth of work vanish is oh so not rewarding. Ugh. 

So minor updates. My phone died a horrible death. Actually the charger port died.  We know it was the port because when we took it to the Sprint store, the guy recharged it on a wireless recharger. Anyway. Sprint tried to repair the phone. They couldn't. I got a new phone. I was able to recover almost everything. Photos included. And Sprint gave me a loaner phone. I'd call it a lame LG, but a lame LG is better than nothing. Tip. Get the insurance for your cell phone. Anyway, we went ahead and got the wireless rechargers. I like it. 

My laptop was cranky. Whenever I went into MS Word, the screen would blackout. Every time I typed, I'd have to touch the keyboard to bring back the screen. That. Was. Painful. Took it to Best Buy. The guy fixed it for free..just needed some updates. And my iPad is sputtering. It's lived a long life!   Lol. Got it before I started dialysis. Holding on. 

Glen got neutered and chipped last week. He came home drugged and with the cone of shame. We got him a neck pillow. It's better than the cone, but it still looks uncomfortable. One more week for that. He also got the ID microchip. He's still a puppy, but he's mellowing out. 

Dialysis is ok. It keeps me going. Heh heh. I still do the meds and food juggling act. My blood labs will certainly tell on me. By for now, everything is ok. I'm low on my protein intake. Not sure what I can do to increase it. The dietician has threatened me with a protein drink. Ugh. Bleah. Yuck. I've been chickening and shrimping and egging. The good news is my phosphourus is ok. Just need to watch the beans, nuts and dairy. The potassium runs low, so bananas, orange juice and avocados are Ok. Yay!!!  

We got a letter from the HOA that indicated we needed to paint the garage door. They specified the color paint and where we could buy it (!). We also made a request to the management company to check in the roof. So the garage door was our responsibility. We got it done and it looks good. The roof is the responsibility of the HOA. About 2 months ago someone came out to inspect the roof. And then we heard nothing. Until last Monday when a crew showed up. They literally redid the roof. 3 days. In the hottest weather of the year to date. The noise on the roof worried Glen. He kept looking up!  Lol. 

We tried a new restaurant, Oyster Bar at Sunset Station. I got the pan roast. It's shrimp, crab and lobster in a tomato, cream and brandy sauce with rice. And you determine the spice level I got a 7.. Out of 10. Tasty!  And no, I don't do oysters. :-(  

That's about it. Dad is doing great. Brian is wonderful as always. Shawn is on the west coast and that makes me happy..even if it's Oregon. Hot again this week. Stay cool and have a wonderful day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment