Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Saturday, June 13, 2015

The "I'm Living in the Desert", edition.

Good morning. It's been a while. Sitting in the dialysis chair was the reason I started the blog.  But now I'm at home, dialyzing in the evening with Brian to keep me company, blogging is the last thing on my mind during dialysis. 

So. Apparently this past month of May was unseasonably cool for Las Vegas. I think it was perfect weather. The temp never went above 90. But yes, the sun was killer.  Well June is back to normal. Today the temp will be 104 and rising for the rest of the week. Lol. The weather guy is calling one day a breezy 107. Ha!  It'll feel like a blast furnace. The good news is yesterday was 100 and it seems as if Brian and I have acclimated to the temp. More or less.  I was a bit taken aback at the number of people driving around in convertibles. Ugh. 

We've been in the water.  A lot. We have deep water fitness 3 days a week. We also go the pool and hot tub at the condo on off days. I had to purchase 2 more swimming suits. The chlorine does a number on swim suits. We're also painting. Brian is trying his hand at oil painting. I passed. Acrylic and watercolor are hard enough. Lol. My calling is not painting. No talent whatsoever. But I am enjoying it and sometimes, if I look at my works of art  with squinty eyes, my paintings look absolutely mediocre !!!  Lol. 

Nothing special on the dialysis front. My labs are still good, except I still need to up the protein. *groan*. The doctors have scheduled me for a bunch of tests. The regular "fun ones, mammogram, colonoscopy. Lol. And a few more. I also will,be seeing a dermatologist. My right hand seems to be thinning out?  I may be having an allergic reaction to the hand sanitizer, or the soap, or the gloves. This sucks because I need all of this to prevent infection. It's to the point that if I scratch the back of my hand lightly, I break the skin. ;(  Could also have to do with the chlorine from the pools.  We'll see what happens. 

That's it. Our lives are exceptionally normal. That's not a bad thing. I still trip into the rabbit hole and Brian pulls me out. Brian, Dad an I are enjoying ourselves. I'm planning our Fourth of July meal for our friends and am looking forward to having them over again. My only is issue is I want a pet. Ah well. If that's it have nothing to complain about.  

Have a great day. It's 6:30 AM here and it's already 85(!). Yes, I need stock on sun block. Lol. 

One of my acrylic paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment