Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, November 9, 2015

The "We Turned the Heat On. Sort of", edition.

Good morning. Yes, we finally turned the heat on but just to get the chill out. It's not on full time. The temp in the apartment finally dropped to 73. Yes, the AC was off. It's getting chilly at night. Around 48 degrees. The sun shine during the day is fairly warm even if it's 68. Yes. I'm quite satisfied with the weather!  

I'm slowly getting better.  My cough is still lingering. Gonna call the doctor today for another appointment. I'm holding food down and sort of eating. When I got my hair cut last week, we stopped at Zydecos and I had a bowl of red beans and rice. And ate most of it!!!  Of course the next day I had a grilled cheese sandwich with disastrous results. Eh, it's hit or miss. Today we're gonna do a Cobb salad. My labs are still pretty low on the protein, potassium and phosphorus so the avocado and tomato are all good. 

Still ridiculously tired but making strides. Brian had some business at the mall on Thursday, so while he was busy  I moseyed over to LensCrafters and Macy's. Purchased some shoes. :-D  And then made my way back to him. I wasn't as winded as usual so that was a good thing. Brian was still busy so I wandered over to Bath and Bodyworks. Got some air freshener things and Brian met me at the store and we made it back to the car. I didn't stop to rest, but I was winded when I got to the car. I'm not liking this getting winded thing, but I get it. My protein is just way to low still. I have very little energy. I think I need to eat a side of beef...if my appetite would allow it. The dietician wanted me to start on a protein supplement. Yuck. I better start eating something. I have 2 more weeks. 

Finally during treatment we were watching Family Guy. There was a piece where Peter lost his money in Las Vegas and had to walk to the airport. Brian and I both busted out laughing at the animation. We've seen people dragging suitcases down Paradise in the brutal desert sun heading to the airport. We'd like to believe that the people weren't doing that, but once you cross Tropicana, the only place you can go to is the airport. And it's a looooong walk. 

I've been out of commission for over 2 months. I'm going to try to go to painting lessons this Saturday. I do feel better. Plus I gotta get better. I have a Thanksgiving dinner to host! Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment