Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, January 16, 2017

The "Back to The Routines", edition.

Good Monday morning!  Today is the celebration of Martin Luther King. Apparently Las Vegas has one of the largest parades in the country. My AKA chapter, Theta Theta Omega, participates in the parade. This year we got some pretty spiffy cardigans to wear and my sorors will be marching and stepping and riding in a classic car. No. I am not participating or even attending. Walking would be way to much of an issue. And parking and walking and standing to watch the parade would just wear me out. I'll be supporting my sorors!  

Shawn made it home safely. We were concerned about the ice storms in the Midwest. The flight from Las Vegas to Chicago was uneventful. The flight was 3 1/2 hours. But then she had to wait 2 hours for the shuttle to Champaign/Urbana..which is. 2-3 hour ride. It was a long day for her. We woke up at 3:30 AM our time to get her to the airport for a 6AM flight. She arrived at her home around 6-7 PM central time. Haven't talked to her since she got home but we've texted. I'm pretty sure she was recovering yesterday!  

Other activities we did while Shawn was here was go to our trainer. Gaylynn graciously created a training program for Shawn. It was fun watching Shawn and Brian doing their workout. And Gaylynn sent Shawn off with a program and her phone number. We saw Hidden Figures and loved it!  Took Shawn to some of our favorite restaurants. Visited the book store. Played games. Cooked together...just generally had a great time and enjoyed family time. I got Dad a portable CD drive for Christmas because his all in one computer didn't have one. Shawn hooked it up for him. They then found a cd of photos Brian had made from all the photos we found and saved in Detroit. Over 300. Shawn and her grandfather spent hours looking..and laughing at the photos. They found photos of me and Brian before Shawn. Shawn thought they were funny. Hey! It was the early 80s!  Lol. We enjoyed her company as always and and we are already looking forward to and planning to see her again soon. A trip to Illinois is in our future! 

Two years ago Brian and I were in the middle of training for home hemodialysis. Two years!  I've been doing treatment at home for two years. Incenter treatment seems like a distant memory!  I'll be reviewing and detailing what I do for treatment in a future entry.  I like that people are asking me about how I can do activities around treatment. Me being on dialysis is not some big secret. It is a part of my life. Hell. It's the reason I'm still alive. I am not ashamed or embarrassed. I do want you to understand that I get tired. But that is a function of the kidney disease. But I am going to get out and do as much as I can. Don't ever be afraid to ask me about dialysis or the kidney disease. 

And we're back to deep water aerobics. The instructor tried to kill us. Or it seemed that way after 3 weeks off. Lol. I don't realize how tired I get until about 2-3 hours later. Then I feel like I've been hit by a brick wall. Even the trainer ramped up the workout. But yeah, I am getting stronger. 

That's it for today! My high school friends met up yesterday in Detroit. They look good. We look good!  And the sun is out today. So yeah. Even though we didn't have ice storms we did have rain and clouds for a few days. I know. It's not the same.  But still!  Lol!  Have a wonderful day. Stay warm!  

Love this cardigan! 


Pandemic. The game. It looks like Risk, but instead of taking over the world, we work cooperatively to save the world!  I liked it, but I wanted a game where I could trash talk. Maybe next time!  Lol. 



No comments:

Post a Comment