Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, June 22, 2017

The "The Distractions of Failed Kidneys", edition.

Good Thursday morning. I know. It's been a while since I've written. It's ok doesn't mean anything is wrong. I've been trying to be more active in the organizations I belong to. It's hard, though. Somehow my bad days coincide on meeting days, or days I've committed to do something. Doesn't make me to dependable. And even when people say it's ok and they hope I feel better, I feel bad and guilty. And let's add that the weather is achieving record breaking temperatures. I don't mean breaking the record for the day, but breaking all time records. Ugh. Going out in the heat is an issue. My skin reacts to the sun. I may also just wake up feeling punky and it goes downhill from there. I'll get killer heartburn and assorted digestive issues for no apparent reason. I'm slowly removing foods from my list. But yesterday I had eggs, sausage and hash browns. Very basic. And I felt like crap later on. I also think the extreme heat makes by body react. Ah well. I still keep going. And I've got to feel pretty bad to not go swimming. 

Anyway, it's not all doom and gloom. We've outgrown our condo.  Don't  get me wrong, it's a nice size, but my dialysis supplies are overwhelming the space. And. I want a dog. Maybe 2 dogs. And maybe a cat. A dog and a cat!  Oh. Brian says well just start out with a dog. So we've been house hunting. We've seen several properties and bid on one.  What tickles me is all paper work is done electronically. Click or touch the screen to sign or initial. This means business is conducted at all times of the day..or evening!  This process has kept us busy.  Getting texts to meet at some homes now! Going all over town looking at houses. And yes, we have narrowed down and area we want to buy.  We'll see how it goes. 

You know Brian and I got a trainer. It's been a busy time there. First of all the owner moved to a larger space and has incorporated a boxing program. The program includes boxing and fitness for people with Parkinson's Disease. Our trainer got trained for the boxing program. I'm thinking about trying it out. The training center is fun and supportive. Yes, there are diehard and incredibly physically fit people there and we believe several are performers in shows on the strip. And then there are people like us. Who want to get and stay fit and active. The training center caters to all of us. This summer the owner is training Boys to Men, New Kids on the Block and Paula Abdul while they are on a 44 day tour. He also does their meal,plans.  He keeps in touch with us (the clients and staff) via Facebook videos. I think he misses us. Lol. But he has a capable staff running the center in his absence.  

Anyway. The training center uses a method called FitRanx. It's a series of fitness levels. People have to test to make the levels (1-8) our trainer decided Brian was ready for level one. She worked with and worked him for the last 6 weeks so he'd be ready. And she gave him a program for him to do at home. Yeah, the condo has an exercise room. Brian was diligent and I could see the improvement. Oh yeah. She trains us at the same time. Anyway.  The weeks leading up to testing people were working out like crazy and the trainers were working with their clients. The night before, the owner sent out a Facebook video encouraging everyone who was testing. For the record, only 2 people are level 8. And niether of them are the staff, not even the owner!  Lol. 

We arrived at the training center in time  for his 9:00 AM test. He was ready. The tests consists of skills and repetitions during a specified time period. Like holding planks for 30 seconds. Or 30 seconds of mountain climbing. Doing a farmers carry with 2 20 pound kettle balls for a timed period. And some others that I can't recall, but he had to do 3 reps of these within a specified time period. During the last rep I started cheering him on. And everyone in the center was cheering with words of encouragement also. During the last skill of the last rep the trainer did a countdown and everyone in the gym counted down also. When he finish the test, the center erupted in a giant cheer and lots of congratulations!!!  This happened with other people also. Lots of support. So what does Brian get?  He gets his name on the wall under his category. And now he's looking forward to starting to work on the next level!  Maybe I'll be ready for the next testing period. Oh. For each category there are requirements based on gender and age. 

Brian and Dad wanted to go to Pizza Rock for Father's Day. Well it was Brian's idea and my dad is crazy about pizza. Oh my goodness. The pizza they selected was beyond delicious. The problem with eating really good food is that your palette becomes accustomed to the goodness.  That has happen with rib eye steaks and prime rib. We are real picky now. Lol. 

Well that's it for today. Today is trainer day.  I whine about going. I whine when I'm there and then it's over I feel good. Lol. I starred off with the dialysis angle...nocturnal is working ok. I'm still trying to figure out what to with the he arm that has the needles. But I sleep well. Anyway. Have a great day and stay cool, or dry and safe! 


Brian and our trainer. 

Fathers Day at Pizza Rock
Dad with his glass of wine and Brian. 



No comments:

Post a Comment