Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Sunday, September 10, 2017

The "Settling In", edition.

Good Sunday morning!  Not a lot going on. Still settling in to our townhouse, but all 3 of us are enjoying the new home. The increase in square footage amuses us. Dad claims he needs to pack a lunch to get to the kitchen or the dining area. Lol. I've lost Brian in the house. He was not in the bedroom with me. He wasn't in the den. He wasn't in the kitchen. He wasn't in the laundry room. He wasn't in the living room or dining area. All the bathroom doors are open..so he's not there. Last room I checked was the office. And there he was. Lol. I've had Dad disappear also. At least we know when someone is coming or going. All entrances beep when they open. Doors and garage doors. 

Of course I'm still in love with my bed. Love the style. We've replaced the stove. We had a mishap with the oven, so we're getting a new one this week. It wasn't planned or in the budget for right now, but you gotta do what you gotta do. While we were at Home Depot ordering the oven, I got sidetracked by countertop materials and backspalshes. We just watch way to much HGTV. I do like our cabinets though, so no changes there. Hehehe. I need to get new blinds. At least we removed the drapes. I hated HATED them.  The current blinds are better, but in time....  I also want some wall fans and a few new light fixtures.  And Brian and I are talking about changes to the bathroom...but in time. None of it needs to be done right now,..except the stove. And even if it seems like I want to make changes, make no mistake. I really really like our new home. We all do. 

More rooms. More walls. Yes, we've hung our (presentable) artwork, but we still would like more stuff on the walls. We're doing pretty well keeping the clutter down. And we still have a few more boxes to unpack. And a few more furniture pieces I'd like to get, but in time. I'm enjoying the pseudo minimalist look. :-D  

We eventually got the dialysis machine and water hooked up. Bonus!  One of my nurses lives nearby, so she stopped at the house to do the inspection on her way home. We're good and I'll be back to nocturnal dialysis this week. Been 2 months. Still lots of supplies, but now we have somewhere to store them. 

We're getting back into activities. Somehow I've made myself much more active in the sorority and my other organization. Dunno how that happened. Lol. Meetings ahoy!  Brian is taking a master gardener class. Did you know his mom is a certified master gardener?  So Brian has nurtured our poinsettias from Christmas. One still has red leaves. I'm duly impressed. Anyway, here's the thing. His class is the same day and time as deep water fitness. He's going to go his way and I'll be going my way. Dad has graciously allowed us to use his car on MWF mornings. 

On the dialysis front, the sun is really messing with me. Good thing we're just about done with triple digit numbers. My feet had a blister-palooza. Ouch. Ouch and ouch. I'm down to one..but it's bottom of my left foot. Forgive me if I walk funny. Ouch. It is better today. Oh yeah. We take blood samples once a month, at the beginning of the month and send the samples to the lab via FedEx. . This month we were notified to hold off. The lab is is Florida :-(  

Finally, as much as I bitched and moaned about the drive to Oregon, my kid is finally in the same time zone. Yay!  And she may come here for Thanksgving. And other holidays if she wants.  Happy mom!!! 

That's it for today. A few of my friends have checked in as safe in Florida..anxiously waiting to hear from others. Take care.  

The back of the house. The HOA takes care of all the landscaping! 



My bed <3 ...  It does look like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment