Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, September 15, 2017

The "I Heart Water", edition.

Good Friday morning. I just got back from deep water fitness. And I'm tired. And that's ok.  It means I worked during class instead of slacking. There are people that treat the class as social hour. The instructor isn't having that. Lol. But yeah, we talk during exercises. I has a running conversation while doing the crawl for 5 minutes. Lol. I did sound breathless. As did the person I was talking with. 

So this is where we are. Brian is taking a gardening class...that's the same time as deep water fitness. And I gotta tell you. My interest in plants is zero. I mean I like to look at them and admire them but it stops there. My husband however likes plants and takes care of them...he got that from his mom. We still have poinsettias from last Christmas. And one still has red leaves and one still has white leaves. Lol. Who does that?  Lol lol. Well, Brian does that. I've digressed. I had absolutely no interest in the gardening class. I wanted to go swimming. Swimming is life!!!! 

So this is what happens. Dad has graciously let me use his car on MWF morning. My class is one hour. Brian takes our car. His class is 4 hours (!). Now here's the fun part. Brian drives me everywhere. Remember ...helicopter husband. But now I'm driving. And as a side note, he had me drop him off at the barber the other day. Long story short, I've driven more in the month of September than I have the entire year. I was spoiled. But now, if I want to go to deep water fitness, I have to drive myself. And I do! 

My back hurt when I woke up. I think I slept in a funny position. But I was looking forward to getting in the water to take the pressure off my spine. And it did. And the movement made me fell better. Even as I was bitching and moaning and huffing and puffing, I was enjoying being in the water. There is a dialysis angle to this. I chose the type of dialysis that I do so that I can swim. I'm happy with this decision to stick needles in my arm instead of having a hole in my stomach. No hate for the peritoneal dialysis folks...to each his own. And I know some people could never stick needles into their arms 5-6 days a week. Touché. 

Water is life!  I am allowed 40 ounces of fluid per day. I can indulge in a little more since I do home hemodialysis, but I still have watch my fluid intake. Remember, people with no kidneys don't urinate. So. Fluid intake includes drinks..water, coffee, juice...but it also includes soups and fruits...FLUID. My fluid of choice is...drumroll..Water!! Didn't see that one coming, did you?  Sure, I'll treat myself to root beer or lemonade periodically, but nothing is better than a glass of ice cold ice water. Water is life!!!

That's it for today. Apparently the triple digit weather is over for the year. I was tickled when the weather folks said fall was setting in...with temps in the mid to high 80s. Lol lol.  I'll take it!!!! Enjoy your weekend. And go learn to swim. Go on. Do it!  



Hot tub is water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment