Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The "March is World Kidney Month..But You Already Knew That", edition.

Good Wednesday afternoon. It's World Kidney month and it time to remind you to get your kidneys checked. Clearly you don't want to me writing a blog about kidney failure. Nor do I want you too. Get those kidneys checked. 

Yes, it's afternoon.  I've been to deep water fitness, the credit union and my monthly care team appointment. And we stopped at Home Depot and got 2 large purple hibiscus plants in pots. They are the first of several potted plants were getting for our cute patio. I also want some impatiens.  They should do well. There is an ulterior motive for the plants on the patio. The gated community has a few grassy areas.  And the back our home has one of the largest grassy areas. And the back of our house faces the street, as does our patio. The yard is maintained by the HOA. And the yard guys are doing stuff in the community every day. The landscaping is beautiful. Anyway. There is a demarcation of our "property" and the grassy area/lawn. People walk their dogs there on the lawn. And before you freak, the dog owners have to pick up the doggy poop. That's fine. I just don't want dogs nor their people encroaching too close to our patio...hence the plant and flower barrier. Also Glen raises hell when the dogs and people get too close. So the people walking their dogs don't linger. It sounds like we have a vicious dog inside. Lolllolololol. 6 month old puppy. Lol. I'll be getting 3-4 more plants and Brian will put his herb garden planter there also. And yes, we have room for a grill and patio furniture. Coming soon. 

Oh yeah. The HOA posted a note reminding people to pick up the poop. Otherwise they'll hire a company to do it and raise the HOA fee. :-{  I'd be really pissed if I didn't have a dog and that's why my HOA fees went up. 

Speaking of Glen, how's he doing, you ask. He's a hoot. Got a haircut. He was looking a bit wild. So he looks more like a westie and less like a puppy. But make no mistake, he's still a puppy. He hurt his leg a few weeks ago in a barking frenzy. He dove off a chair to raise hell and fell with a thud. He "oomphed" and kept on going, but with a limp. Brian got him to the vet. No breaks. Whew. But a bruised something. Have him take it easy. Ok. Sure. Easy that first day as the vet gave him some drugs. But after that?  He still ran...and he ran like hell with 3 legs. It didn't phase  him at all lol. But he couldn't jump up to look out the window.  He also missed his obedience class.  By the next week, the limp turned into a skip and he eventually was back to top of the sofa barking at dogs and people passing by. And chasing toys, and knocking on bedroom doors for people to come out...puppy stuff. And he went back to class this past Saturday. So he's fine now. I think in his mind he was always fine!  

Finally on the dialysis front.  It's going ok. I had a double dose of iron injections today so my energy level should go up. My arterial buttonhole started leaking blood about a week ago. What happened was after I finished treatment, there would be blood on the gauze when we removed the bandage. And each successive time there would be more blood. Ugh  My nurse wants me to start a new buttonhole.  Boo. I'll have to stick myself with a sharp needle in the same hole for 3 weeks to establish the buttonhole, about 12-15 sticks. Boo.  My nurse started today. For the first time ever the needle stick hurt. Bleah. And I now have to visit the vascular surgeon next week. I guess I'll get a fistulagram and angioplasty. Ah well. The life of a dialysis patient. For reference. The fistulagram is where the doctor looks at my fistula using ultrasound. If there is a narrowing or blockage then the angioplasty is in order....insert a balloon in the fistula(a man made created vein where I stick in the dialysis needles) and the balloon expands the fistula. No. It doesn't hurt, but then I'm in conscious sedation anyway. I get kinda loopy. Lol. 

Also the ablation procedure I had a while back has been successful. I no longer have to take the meds to control my parathyroid and the lab numbers are stellar. My entire team is ecstatic. Whoo hoo!  

Oh yeah. It's pollen season here. Let the sneezing, sniffling and snotting begin!  The wind kicked up and we saw the pollen blowing off the trees!!!!!  :-(     I though it was dust or sand  at first, but there wasn't any sandy land near us.  And oh yeah. I got some wind chimes for my patio!!!  

Well that's it for today. Not missing the snow in Michigan. It's 75 here. Heh heh heh. 



Purple hibiscus. Pretty! 


Glen before trip to groomer.  


Glen immduately after trip to groomer.  Yeah, it's the same puppy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment