Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The "Writing on Sunday, But Let's Not Make It a Habit", edition.

Sunday morning.  We need to get to Downtown Disney by 10:15 to get the tickets and seated for the Kirk Franklin Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues.  Ok, you're asking, what is Downtown Disney?  It's another  area in the vast space called Walt Disney World.  The world is made up of EPCOT, which I've described; The Magic Kingdom, with the iconic Cinderella Castle; Disney Hollywood Studios, with attractions based on movies and tv shows; Animal Kingdom, a literal safari land; Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, two large water parks, and Downtown Disney, the entertainment and shopping area.  Keep in mind, that I haven't even mentioned the many individual hotel areas....and every hotel area is, in fact,  a separate resort.

We head to the bus stops and the girls join us.  We wait for the bus the Downtown Disney.  Of course buses to every other destination pass by.  Lol. Our bus eventually arrives.  As Downtown comes into view, we realize this, as every other Disney "land", is massive. This place has 2 stops where the bus lets you off.  We also see a hot air balloon ride, a giant theater for Cirque de Soliel, an AMC theater, and the iconic Hollywood Planet sphere.  The bus driver tells us the first stop is the shopping district.  The House of Blues is in "Pleasure Island", the entertainment district, is the second stop, and that's the stop we want. 

We get off the bus.  House of Blues is still a ways off.  Time for me to get my hobble on ;-)  We walk the outer perimeter of Pleasure Island.  As we round the corner to the entrance of the area, we see lots and lots of cars and lots and lots of people.  It was like the Dream Cruise, except the cars were stationary and you could touch them and talk with the owners.  We had just walked into the Downtown Disney Car Show!!  Did I mention it was also hot? Lol. Of course, the House of Blues would be at the furthest end form the bus stop. Lol. Well, at least we had the cars to admire as we walked (hobbled) to our destination. 

We finally arrive and I notice there's a line and we also notice that there are some awesome gospel singers outside the door singing.  Yeah, that's nice, but I'm hot and I'm tired of walking. We head to the ticket window, I give my name and the lady gives me 5 tickets.  We get in line.  The line moves fast.  We enter and of course this place is stair city. :-(  But the stairs are tempered when we are seated.  We are front and center of the stage.  I mean we could not have been any closer. Score!!! 

Our server tells us the mimosas and Bloody Mary's are to our right, the omelet bar is to our left, and the massive buffet is behind us.  Heh, well, our fabulous seats are on the lowest level.  I need to walk up 3 stairs, then 3 more stairs, the finally 3 more stairs (!) to get anywhere.  Brian, bless his heart, brings us some Fresh.Squeezed.Florida.Orange.Juice.  <3.  That stuff is heaven.  I know, I know, my potassium has to be limited. But darn it, I had a small glass of Fresh.Squeezed.Florida.Orange.Juice.  Lol. When we were in Florida when I was pregnant, I couldn't get enough of it ;-)   The buffet was huge and on two levels, and the food was delicious.  I made my way gingerly up the stairs, and eventually found the ramps(yay!!).  I won't go into details, except the selections were standard brunch fare, soul food and creole food.  Did I say the food was delicious?  :-)

While we were eating we were treated to a video of Kirk Franklin telling us about his background and how he hoped we enjoyed the show.  After that a female emcee comes out, encourages us to continue to eat during the show and introduces the group, who is from Tampa.  Three women, two men singing, along with a drummer, a bass guitarist, and a keyboard player.  They did not disappoint. We were in for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment