Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 1, 2013

The "As I Relay Our Time at Disney World, You Will Understand Why WeNeed a Vacation From the Vacation!", edition

Still at home writing this, but I've started downloading more songs.  You can never have enough music!!  So the House of Blues is an eating/entertainment venue.  If you looked at the ticket in the previous post, we were sitting in the pit.  It was the lowest level, right at the stage. There were four more levels of seating around us and there was a balcony level.  When I say we had great seats, we could see the sweat on the singers.  The tables, at least in the pit, sat eight people.  We had a couple with British accents join us.  They didn't know who Kirk Franklin was. :-)

The group was fantastic.  The band was fantastic.  They started with, "Oh Happy Day".  Did a few Kirk Franklin songs.  They featured the bass player on "I'll Take You There". Pop Staples would have been proud.  They kept us (the audience) engaged the entire time.  They had people who were celebrating birthdays and anniversaries come up on stage.  And of course, we celebrated all the fathers in the house, including fathers of fur babies :-)  (Brian looks an asks me, "What's a fur baby?".).  My daughters and I sang and clapped during the entire show.  The audience was encouraged to stand up and move. A great time was had by all. 

The show lasted just long enough.  Once it was over, a cd of the group was available for purchase. We declined and I'm sorry that I forgot the name of the group.  I've since learned that several groups rotate the gospel brunch performance.  Anyway, we left.  Took some photos once we got outside.  And in typical Disney fashion, someone noticed we were taking photos and offered to take a few of all of us with all of our cameras/phone.  My phone is a camera -wow. I digress.  At this point, any more contact we have with the girls will be coincidental.  We have no more joint activities planned. And that's fine.  This is Shawn's trip <3. 

Brian and I saunter, well he has to saunter, because I'm hobbling with my cane, back to the bus stop.  There are more people out for the car show and it's exponentially hotter.  The many stores and restaurants are now open.  We make it back to the bus stop.  The bus to our resort is there!!  We get on.  The buses at Disney seemed to have their air conditioning on arctic blast and this one was no exception - lol. The problem with that is, it feels good for about two minutes before you start to freeze..and then when you get off, your glasses fog up. Rofl.

We get back to the hotel.  Oh yeah, that morning I called the car rental place on the Disney premises to rent a car for the next 48 hours, so I can get to dialysis on Monday afternoon.  Alamo would pick us up at the check in building at 2:30. Brian and I needed to catch the internal resort bus to get us there and we did.  The Alamo bus was there at 2:30 on the dot and took us to the Alamo location.  We got the car in under 5 minutes.  What did we do when got the car?  Why head back to Downtown Disney.  Lol. This time, though we were headed to the shopping district.  Remember I was on the hunt for a Perry the Platypus throw!  And yes, I brought my handicapped parking placard with me ;-)  

Photos of the gospel group, the exceptionally brilliant young ladies with me and Brian, and Perry the Platypus. 
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment