Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, May 15, 2015

The "Have I Had a Heart Attack?", edition.

Good morning. Have I had a heart attack?  I don't know.  When I went to my initial visit with my new primary care physician, I had an EKG. Apparently the readings were...questionable. The tech and physicians assistant asked if I'd had a heart attack.  Well no, not to my knowledge. So that prompted a  referral to a cardiologist. But get this. I saw the doctor in early March. The cardiologist called me in March and scheduled me for May 15. :-/  Glad my heart has cooperated. I think my kidney team was a bit put off that it took so long for me to see the cardiologist.  Sigh. The life of an HMO. This could prompt a rant about Rick Snyder, and the emergency manager, but I might really have a heart attack. I digress.  

I found a sort of real farmers market yesterday's with good looking produce. It was pricey.  The vendors were from California and I suppose the drought will affect the produce and the prices, but it sure was good to get fresh peaches, cherries and tomatoes. There was also a vendor who sold chocolate and Carmel covered pretzels. OMG. Sooo good. So glad we purchased only 2!  Lol. Anyway. The farmers market was in downtown Henderson. That's a little distance away from where we live, but it was a nice exploration. 

Events in Las Vegas this weekend are Rock in Rio.  This has taken up an empty space on the south end of the strip.  It has continuous concertsLl weekend, Friday through Sunday. Last weekend was the rock weekend. This weekend is the pop weekend. Artists this weekend include Bruno Mars, John Legend, Taylor Swift, Joss Stone and Jesse J. No we're not going.  But we watched the empty lot transform into an entertInment Mecca!  Downtown there is something called Helldorado days. Parades, rodeo and carnivals. Will we go?  Maybe.  

The dialysis angle?  Well we know that dialysis is really, REALLY rough on the heart. Home hemodialysis is much gentler, but who knows what, if any and how much damage had been done to my heart while I was doing incenter hemodialysis. I'll find out today. We find out new things about home hemodialysis every now and then. Like last night Brian accidentally unplugged the machine.  This happened after I inserted the needles, but before I was hooked up. Of course the machine beeped its ass off and displayed an error. Red 40. Brian looked it up in the manual.  Yes he has plenty o' manuals including one just for errors.  The manual explains the probable cause for the error and steps to fix it.  The fix for Red 40 was to call tech support!  Uh oh.  Well, before you groan about tech support, the tech support response is immediate and the techs walk you through the problem and stay on the phone until the problem is solved. Best tech support ever, but then again it can be a matter of life and death, so.....    The solution to Red error 40 was to plug the machine back up and push the start button. Brian did it and all was well. And that led to a regular treatment session. :)

That's it for today. It's going to be cool this weekend....by Vegas standard anyway. High today is only 68. Brrrrr. Lol.  I'm not complaining. It'll rolling out triple digits soon enough.  ;-(   have a great weekend!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment