Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The "Just Living my Life", edition.

Good morning. I took a break from blogging because readership dropped dramatically. However, I realized that I'm not really writing for anyone but myself. I have created a record of my life after I was diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease.  I can see where I was and when I am. I really started a new life after the diagnosis. Of course it's not the life I imagined, but it's a life. I am not dead. 

Mother's Day was very nice. Brian and Dad wanted me to select a place for our Sunday brunch. I settled on Boulder Stafion because they had Bananas Foster on the menu. Heh. I actually skipped any semblance of breakfast and went straight for the prime rib and shrimp.  Lol. My protein numbers dipped. Again, I can only eat so much protein. However I clearly gave it a great try on Sunday!  Brian got me some beautiful red roses and a gift card to Jared.  Later on on the day, we hung out at the swimming pool and had the obligatory dip in the hot tub. My kind of day!  

I had treatment later on on the evening. I watched the season finale of Once Upon a Time. There was a scene at the end where evil was unleashed. It tried to enter 2 people and finally settled inside someone. While watching the scene, I told Brian the the depiction of evil was exactly I saw evil on my death dream when I was in ICU....you know..when I was rushed to the hospital when I was in the final throes of kidney failure..  The black sludge was evil  on the show and was death in my dream. Except in my dream, I escaped it. When I awoke from my dream, I felt better....relieved. As if I knew I was going to be ok. 

I've ordered the meat for our Memorial Day dinner. Grilling is possible here in the condo, but it requires us moving stuff from inside to a grill near the pool. It becomes a logistics dilemma, so I decided to order the meat. I went to John Mulls Meats, Road Kill Grill. Don't let the name put you off. Lol. I discovered the place by watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  I purchased 3 dinners for me, Brian and Dad for Labor Day last year. The place was constantly busy. When we went this past Monday, the lunch crowd line was impressive. And trust me. This place is no looker. You order your food inside and if you want to eat on the premises you have to eat outside. Oh yeah, you can order and buy almost any type of meat you like, including offal.  I'll let you look that up. Anyway, I ordered ribs, chicken and Dad and Brian wanted beef brisket. And yes, our guests will be our same guests. I have them over every month for dinner. :-)

My cousin is in art school. During a break, she asked if anyone wanted her to draw something. I asked if she could do a drawing of my very much loved, very much missed dog. She agreed and priced it out for me. I sent her a photo of Jade and she asked questions. The final product is just magnificent. I love it. LOVE it!  And my cousin is soooo talented. I am very proud of her.  I got the drawing enlarged and put on photo quality paper. I'll be framing it this week. Photo included. 

Finally, dialysis is pretty uneventful. I mentioned earlier that I need to increase my protein intake. Not sure how to increase more. I can eat only so much eggs, hamburgers, fish, chicken, steaks, etc.  We're finalizing travel plans. We purchased a portable cart/dolly for the machine. Dad has gotten In touch with some people to help move it to the car...remember the entire set up weighs 99 pounds. The supply company will be sending the supplies to the hotel in Illinois. I've contacted the hotel to let them know a shipment will be arriving. I need to make sure I have enough supplies. I have my "papers" to explain why I am carrying needles and syringes with me on the plane. I considered packing them, but I don't want the airlines to lose my stuff.  It is medical equipment, after all. 

Well that's it for today. The weather is nice. There were a few days where michigan was warmer than Nevada.  Lol. And will probably happen again this week. Looking for a high of 62 on Friday. :-/  Have a wonderful day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment