Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Saturday, July 25, 2015

The "A Year Ago Today", edition.

Good morning!  Well. It's been exactly a year since I left Detroit. On July 25. 2014 I went to dialysis in the morning and boarded a plane that afternoon to leave for Las Vegas. Haven't looked back, either. Don't get me wrong. There's a lot I miss about Detroit and Michigan, but I like it out here. A lot. Especially the winter!  I digress. The last year has been full of change. As a matter of fact, my life has been full of change since 2012. But that life, isn't it?  :-)

OMG. Remind me to save.  And save often. You'd think after being in IT for 25 years I'd never have to remind myself to save. I just lost 3 jumbo paragraphs. <rawr>. See.  I had typed an entire blog this past Wednesday. And lost it all. Because I didn't save. And what happens again today?  Well. I'm not going to type it all agai. I'll summarize. I listed all of the things we've accomplished since the move. We did a lot, when I look back on it.  Right now we're looking forward to Brian's mom and sister coming out. Shawn is in Detroit doing research, preparing for her thesis. 

On the dialysis front, I felt really punky yesterday. I wish I knew what causes the really bad days. I end up sleeping almost 24 hours and all I want to eat my ultimate comfort food, Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. My other comfort food is Eckrich Smoky Links. But we already know that I can't find them out here. I can order them fromAmazon, but I'd have to order a case. And that's a lot of sausages. I'm still debating that. The skin on my hand is still pretty bad. I see the dermatologist on August 13. Well. At least I can still get the pedicures, but I sure miss my manicure. Eh. I felt bad enough that I skipped dialysis last night.  Feel much better today so we'll start treatment soon. 

That's it for today. Looks like sloppy joes for dinner.  Maybe a dip in the hot tub this evening!  Dad has learned how to send texts to the kid and he's giddy with accomplishment.  Lol. Have a great Saturday and do good things. :)

Photo that Brian has titled "Pimp Reflections". 


The back of my hand. Ugh. 


And. Recent photo of Shawn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment