Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Sunday, August 28, 2016

The "The End of August", edition.

Good Sunday morning!  A lazy Sunday morning. Last week Brian's Mom (Rose), aunt, sister (Sandra) , sister's husband, mom's friend, brother of mom's friend and wife of brother of mom's friend. Did you get all that?  Lol. And the sister of the husband of sister  joined us. I think there were 11-12 of us at Sunday brunch.  Anyway, they were all here for Brian's mom's birthday.  Sandra takes Rose anywhere Rose  wants to go for her birthday. This year it was Las Vegas. It's almost always Las Vegas. Lol. But we did have that year we went to New Orleans. We enjoyed the visit. We enjoyed the company. 

Not much going on here. All of our activities went on hiatus for August. The instructors needed a vacation. and the buildings needed the cleaning and maintenance thing.  We've been relegated to the condo pool and hot tub. The horror!  Lol. A couple of incidents in our condo building this month. Someone disconnected a refrigerator and caused a minor flood. We were sort of affected. At least it was on a higher floor. And a few weeks later an electric meter box exploded. Lots of fire trucks. We were not affected by that. But several units on different stack and floor were out of Commision ..for about a week. Ugh. Oh. And what's a stack?  It's a stack of apartments. Like our apartment number is 123. Building 1, 2nd floor, apartment 3. Other units in our stack are 113, 133, 143, 153. Units in our "stack" are up and down. And yeah, the temps were like 108-109. Some people went to a hotel. We also talked with some people who stayed in their units. That had no electricity. But they could plug the refrigerators up in the hall. And we were fine because the elevators worked. And oh yeah. The HOA payed for the repair. We understand it was in excess of $9000.00. Wow. 

I've been doing doctors appointments this month. I guess it's just that time of year. My favorite so far was meeting with the gastroenterologist  after the colonoscopy. He had me look at the photos of my colon. Explained my colon was fine. And here's the best part. I don't need another colonoscopy for five (5) years!!!!!!  Whoo hoo!  Except I probably will need one sooner as a part of the transplant readiness. Until I get a transplant. But yay anyway!!!

My blood pressure is still scary low. I average about 88/62. Standing up too quickly is scary. A few weeks ago I got up to head toward the front and ended up doing a face plant on the sofa. In other words I made it there just in time. I was thisclose to passing out. Last night I got up, stepped into the hall and then needed to step right back into the bedroom and sit down. The room spinning is not fun. And that shit can happen randomly. Anyway. I finally am seeing the cardiologist on September 8. Which is pissing off my nephrologist. He wanted me to see a cardiologist in June. But I had to schedule an appointment with my primary care physician, then get an approval from the HMO to see a cardilogist, then schedule an appointment with the cardiologist. Hooray for HMO. So yeah. I could die before I get there. Isn't that a fun fact?  

Finally can you believe Shawn is starting her fourth year at University of Illinois (UIUC) in the doctoral program?  She is a TA this year. My child is a night owl. And has never liked waking up early. And this started when she was in pre-K. So her TA class is at 8AM. Lol lol lol. 

That's it for today. Life will start ramping up in a few weeks. Sorority meetings will start. Classes start up again. And next weekend dad is heading to Ohio for a family reunion. And Shawn will drive to Ohio also. They're all looking forward to it!  Enjoy your Sunday!  


Photo of my dad and Brian's mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment