Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The "We're Still Celebrating!", edition.

Good Wednesday morning!  I like Wednesday. It's usually my day off from treatment. I didn't do treatment on Sunday. But it's not my day off. I'm off on Saturday. But who wants to do dialysis on Christmas Day when you don't have to. And I didn't. Ha!

I left off with Shawn arriving. She arrived early. She'd had a long day. She and her friend left New York City to go to Washington, D.C. And went to the museum. Stayed until it closed. Her friend went back to Newport and Shawn stayed with a friend in DC. The had a 5:30 AM flight to Vegas. By the time she arrived, she was tired. We brought her home and she slept...until dinner. I made her her favorite dinner.  Of course I did. That's what moms do!  At least that's what my mom did!  Once when we arrived in Vegas she fixed us some steaks on her new George Foreman grill!  Lol. 

Thursday we went with Brian to get a haircut..well we dropped him off. Drove down the street to th donut bar and Shawn got a gingerbread donut. And yes, the donuts are still as large as your head. Did some shopping then back to pick up Brian. Friday was finish the grocery shopping. Saturday started cooking. Made the candied sweet potatoes and the greens. OMG, the greens were delicious. And heating up the next day they were even better! You know the recipe except now I add 2 diced chipotles and a teaspoon of adobo. It starts out really spicy but the cooking decreases the spice factor. 

Sunday we finished the meal Brian cooked a ribeye roast to perfection. I made the old school macaroni and cheese and my fancy rice. And I made gravy from the pan dripping of the roast. Next time I'll use less pan drippings. I ended up with almost a quart of gravy..  :-/  But then again I made a lot of rice!  Oh yeah, while we were cooking we were also watching Deadpool. Yes. This movie has catapulted to one of my favorites. 

Monday we went to see Rogue One. The options for the movie was mind boggling. 3D, Real 3D, standard, 3DXD, XD, IMAX. Head spinning. Different options at different theaters. I have no idea what any of that means. We ended up at Real 3D. Yes we enjoyed it. Didn't realize it was a one and done. Or as Brian recalled the line, "We got the plans at great cost". And let's add to this little nugget to raise the hairs on my back. Deadpool loved George Michael and Wham!  And Carrie Fisher was at the end of Rogue One. The reference to both stars at this time was jarring to me. 

Yesterday dad treated Shawn and me to a belated lunch at the Top of the World restaurant on top of the Stratosphere. I think it's the tallest structure in Las Vegas. It's a revolving restaurant. We stopped off the elevator into the restaurant and the view was breath taking! We had seats near the window. Hardly any conversation for looking out the window. We could see the entirety of thr Las Vegas valley. We were also treated to people bungee jumping from the top of the Stratosphere!  Yikes!  Lol. And oh yeah, the food wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but let's be honest. You come for the view, not the food. Lol. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Shawn joined us at the trainers yesterday. Our trainer, Gaylynn,  talked with Shawn a few days earlier so she could plant workout for her. Our kid wok red out like a champ. And Gaylynn showed no mercy!  And yes, Shawn made me and Brian look...older than her. Lol lol. A good time was had by all. And I yes, the tired bat hit me hard as we were leaving the Stratosphere. I slept during treatment!  

Today we're getting the manicures and pedicures and Shawn gets the rest of her Christmas present, the annual shopping spree.  I'll probably crash and burn again today. But that's ok. Looking forward to more adventures. That's it for today!  Enjoy your day!  

The Stratosphere. The restaurant is somewhere up there! 


Bungee jumping from the top of the tower. No thanks. 



I don't know what this ride is called but I'll pass. And yes, my kid did this ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment