Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, December 8, 2016

The "Random Thoughts and Reflections", edition.

Good Thursday morning. Got the music going this morning. The one thing and the only thing I miss about doing dialysis at the dialysis center. 3 1/2 hours of nonstop music with my Bose headphones. And chair dancing. What's playing now?  I selected "GrapeVyne" by Brownstone. The music shuffle will start after this. I love the song, the voices, the arrangement. It's a song that I've listened to a lot. No shame!  

So random thoughts and reflections.  First of all I'm watching my iPad die a slow death. It locks up.  My keystrokes take a while to show up. It'll do random restarts. I'm feeling cheap but I'll get a replacement soon. Probably a Christmas gift to myself. A little self love!  But even as I type this blog, the keystrokes are lagging behind my typing. Ugh. Oh back to music. A few years ago when I got my replacement phone,  it came with a Harmon Kardon Bluetooth speaker. Yeah, I had to wait for Shawn to get to town to show me how to hook it up. I can't believe how good the sound is from this one speaker. Remember back in the day when we had two speakers that were 3 feet high?  I can blow out the apartment with the little round speaker. And then Dad went and got himself a Bose radio. He can blow out the apartment with that also. Did I mention that Dad likes The Gap Band?  Lol. He continually surprises and amuses me!  

Ah iPad shuffled to the Stylistics, "Stop Look and Listen". One of my favorite groups. Although it's really Russell Thompkins. He is The Stylistics. I love a great falsetto.  And you know I love Ron Banks of the Dramatics. However Russell tops Ron...but he's the only one.  Love me some Ron Banks.  

We go to a personal trainer once a week. It's a actually a pretty cool place.  Our trainer is sweet and a hard taskmaster. I call her mean and evil.and she just smiles. And I'm getting stronger. Lol.  Yes I researched trainers. I liked the reviews I'd read about this place, Tony Cress. One day Brian and stopped by. Tony was there. Very nice guy. I explained my challenges. He said he just the trainer for me. Called her right then and there and she was at the gym within 5 minutes!  Once I started training, Brian would wait while I worked out. Gaylynn (our trainer) said she'd train the both of us for the same cost!!!!!  The next week Brian was getting his training on. Of course Brian and I do totally different workouts. And Gaylynn is working with both of us. And at the same time Tony may be training someone or one of the other 2 trainers may be working with a client. The atmosphere is welcoming and fun, even though the trainers are working our butts off. But the workouts are paying off.  And we all are working our butts off. Weights, kettle bells, suspension training, bikes, jump ropes, ropes, and other equipment I dont know what to call. And movement exercises. 

Lol. "Back in Love Again", LTD is playing and Dad danced his way into the room.  Anyway. Deep Water fitness is not too bad either. Of course three times a week as I get into the (cold water) pool at 9:00 AM I ask myself why am I here?  Jill Scott featuring Eve, "Shame". Anyway. The cold goes away pretty quickly. The instructor, Patti, has us moving nonstop for an hour. We bitch at her also.  Lol the entire class is complaining. As a matter of fact, we get there before the 8:00 class is over and they are complaining!  Lol. We work arms, legs, core and balance. I'm not particularly happy with the arm work. It hurts, but that's making me stronger. Yeah. It really is. Or putting the buoys on our feet and moving forward or backwards.  That'll put your balance to the test. My favorite was when she had us put a noodle under each foot and the move across the width of the (Olympic size) pool. Guess who was the only one who was able to go across and back with no problems?  That would be me!!  But the cannon ball, on my back moving with my legs up and feet out of the water is pure torture. How can almost everyone do this move with ease and it's damn near impossible for me! Lol. I just keep on trying!!

"Ready or,Not", The Delphonics. I bet you like The Delphonics even better now than when they were recording. Ok. On the dialysis front. Tuesday I had a low blood pressure episode. That hadn't  happened in a while. I feel asleep during treatment. I woke up feeling odd. I knew what that odd feeling was. I call it the "life slipping away from me" feeling. What it is, is too much fluid has been taken and my body is bitching. I feel light headed, I get hot.  This time we'll add nausea to the list. And I get extremely restless. I let Brian know I need saline. Yeah, a saline pack is hanging on a pole on the machine. And with all the tubing, all Brian has to do open a clamp which direct the saline right into my veins.  Yes. You know I have two needles in my arm during treatment..a venous (incoming connection) and the arterial (outgoing connection).  During treatment blood goes out into the machine, gets cleaned and then is returned to me. When saline is administered, the saline is a direct path through the venous line. I need to add that Brian handles this like a pro. I asked him if it scars him when I crash. He said yes. I told him it scars me also. He says we are a team and when I let him know I need the saline, he never hesitates. <3

Anyway. After 5 liters of saline I felt better. For the record that is a lot. And about 10 minutes later I needed more. I got 3 more liters before I felt sort of better. At this point we decided I just needed to stop treatment. Anymore saline and I would have negated the treatment. The whole point is to not only remove the toxins in the blood but to remove fluid. And here we are adding fluid. <face palm>. In spite of this, the treatments had been incredibly routine.  Which is how it's supposed to be. We'll recover and continue. 

That's it for today.  It's chilly here, but after seeing what my friends in Denver have to deal with, I'm ok. The sun is shining, the sky is so clear that we can see the mountains behind the mountains!  Signing off with The Dramatics, "Ocean of Thoughts and Dreams". Play this song and just let Ron Banks take you away.. Along with the superb harmonies of the Dramtics. <3. 


See that pole in back of "kidney"?  That's where the saline bag goes. And see those shelves of supplies?  That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a whole lot you don't see.  :-\

My trainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment