Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The "Mother's Day Weekend", edition.

Good Tuesday morning. I'm a stickler for answering the question that was asked. Sometimes the answer is yes or no. I'm not willing to give additional explanation unless asked. And the same is true when I ask a question. If I ask a question that requires a yes or no answer, I'm not looking for additional information. That being said I understand that there are exceptions to the rule. And that's all I'm going to say about that. 

Mother's Day weekend actually started Friday afternoon. Well.  Not quite Mother's Day related. We started looking at houses/condos Friday. A unit was available in a community I've been looking at for years. It was love at first sight. It had the space, the square footage, the community was gated, a 2 car garage, a little patio, and the pool and hot tub were both directly in the back of the unit. The down side was work needed to be done. The (white) carpet needed to go. The kitchen was going to be an entire redo. And some work needed to be done on the patio.  The good news is that (and I watch way too much HGTV) is there was room in the budget. The asking price and my preapproved mortgage would cover the work. I started looking at stoves,novens and kitchen cabinets when I got home. The real estate agent sent us the paper work that evening and Brian and I had completed it all (all electronically!!) Saturday morning.

The the bottom fell out. Bottom line was there was lien in the house and the seller was attempting to get the buyer (us) to pay the lien. WTF??? And the lien was $50k. Well!  The deal was killed. The audacity and amount that was expected of..pay someone else's lien indeed, softened the blow of loosing the property. So the hunt was on again. But not at that moment. We had a Mother's Day dinner to go to. 

Dad wanted to treat us to a nice restaurant for Mother's Day. I selected Lawrys, The Prime Rib. Brian and I hadn't been there since our anniversary in 2014. And Dad had never been there. Well, you know my Dad researches the restaurants before we go..yes Google and Yelp. He was all in. And you know he likes beef. We went Saturday evening because the restaurant does not open until 5:00 PM on Sunday..and Saturday for that matter. And we thought we'd avoid the Mother's Day crowd. And we did. It helped that our reservation was at 5;00. Lol. 

So anyway. We all pretty much knew what we were going to order. Lawrys has great prime rib, but it is also an experience. Brian calls the waitresses handmaidens because of the uniforms. A spinning salad is prepared at the table. And a master carver rolls a huge covered cart to the table to take your order.  They carve the cuts at the required doneness right there in front of you. The waitress asks what you want and relays it to the carver. You also have a choice of creamed spinach, cream corn and your choice of mashed potatoes. The carver prepares the plate.  The waitress also serves Yorkshire pudding. Whew. Yes it's a lot. And it was good. Yum yum yum. Yes, I got the smallest cut of prime rib.  I almost finished it. I didn't finish the potatoes or the corn. Dad and Brian had enough left over to take home. Let's just say a good eatin' time was had by all. Did I mention that there is no need for steak knives?  The the prime rib is so tender and juicy and seasoned just right. Dad says that we'll be back. Lol. 

And on Sunday, With Brian's help, I cooked a big ole breakfast brunch. Scrambled eggs with cheese, potatoes, bacon, sausage and biscuits. And that afternoon we went to look at another condo. It was...eh. Not quite there.  And the unit was a corner unit which Didnt appeal to Brian. But the real estate agent sent many more listings so we're still looking. 

Finally my baby called Sunday. I enjoy talking with her. She mentioned that she baked some vegan snicker doodles for a friend. And they came out just fine!  Love my baby!  

Went to my monthly dialysis meeting yesterday. All is well. My blood pressure is low. Sometimes I get dizzy, but I have a med for that. The iron shot last month gave me blisters. Yay?  They're finally going away. It helps that my health team is pretty cool. My nurses, my dietician, my social worker and my nephrologist are great. And they listen to me. My nephrologist remarked that he was reading about my blood disorder. He chuckled that back in the day that werewolves and vampires were probably people with porphyria because of the sensitivity to the sun. Lol. This wasn't news to me, but I chuckled because he was interested. Now, for the record, I was diagnosed with Acute Intermittent Porphyria almost 40 years ago and never had issues with the sun. But then I moved to the dessert. Ah well. 

That's it for today. Apparently it's going to be warmer in Defroit than out here. But I'll take my 78 degrees. Because it's gonna get in triple digits soon. And it'll stay there. Ugh. Take care and have a great day!  



 





No comments:

Post a Comment