Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, May 11, 2017

The "I Haven't Forgotten My Blog", edition.

Good Thursday morning!  I know I know. I'm slacking on writing. I've been busy?  I've had good days and bad days?  I dunno. When I fall out of my pattern, the blog is the first to go. But there are some updates. So let's start. 

I had a second series of injections in for my neck to reduce 2 of 4 parathyroid glands in my neck. The parathyroid is controlled by the kidneys, but since my kidneys don't work...well.  Initially I was given medication to control it, but I started reacting rather badly to the medication. The other option is removal of the offending glands. There are 4 glands. In my case, 1 gland was running amok and a 2nd one was thinking about running amok. Anyway. The blood tests indicated that the injections are working and the glands are shrinking. I just needed a second series of injections. In my neck. Look. It sounds awful. But  when it comes to your life you do what you have to do. Dying verdus neck injections. Alex, I'll choose neck injections for $1,000.00.  The alternative to the injections would be surgery on my neck. I referred to it as slitting my throat, much to the chagrin of my doctors. Lol. Putting it that way the injections were much more preferable. 

We're adjusting pretty well to nocturnal dialysis. My numbers are fine. Im sleeping. Brian's sleeping. I'm liking the schedule.  It was supposed to be every other day. However that would mean I wouldn't be able to go to deep water fitness every other week. Why?  Because I'd be getting off the machine the morning of the class, but I'd still have the access holes bandaged. I cannot get in the water.  I keep those bandages on for at least 6 hours after treatment. And even though it hasn't happened to me, I've seen where people start bleeding again after they've been bandaged. Copious bleeding. Yeah. I can see me bleeding in the pool. Can you say close down the poll?  Ugh. So. My schedule is MWFSat nights. It works well most of the time.  Saturday morning meetings (sorority) can be tough, but I work through it. My blood pressure gets low so I get light headed from time to time.  I haven't passed out yet!  Yeah.  I know. It's not funny. 

And. We're moving. Not sure where. Well start actively looking at properties tomorrow. We had planned on looking for a larger place before we even moved to Las Vegas. And Dad is now ready. Well the time has come. We need a third bedroom/den/office. It's time. Plus I want a dog. I really want a dog. We all want a dog. Actually I want 2 dogs. Lol. And the condo doesn't allow pets. Except the people who have cats when they're not supposed to. Lol. And I guess I can count the stray cats hanging out. Who think they own the garage. Lol. 

Mother's Day is coming up. Dad will be treating us to Lawrys Prime Rib. Yes I selected it. We'd been on a seafood palooza for a while. I know you saw the photos of us at The Boiling Crab. And oh yeah. We'll be back!  The place opened at noon on Sunday. We got there about 10 minutes before it opened. There was a line.  Our group was number 50!  Oh yeah. I got my Mother's Day gift early. I got a new phone. Lol it was time anyway. And each time I get a new phone it's wildly different from my old phone. I have to learn the new phone. Grrrr. But I like it.  And the Sprint guy assured me there was no bomb in my phone!!!!!!  

Finally the owner of our training gym is going on tour with New Kids on The Block and Boys to Men...as their personal trainer. 44 cities in 10 weeks.  Staring next week.  Whew!  To say he is excited is an understatement. And we're excited with him. He'll be documenting to experience and the clients are looking forward to it. And yes, we'll miss him, but there are 4 other trainers to pick up his slack. We're all going to live vicariously through him. Lol. 

That's it for today. The weather has been nice...it is the windy season though. But so far only one triple digit day. The next day the temp dropped 30 degrees.  You'd have thought it was freezing out here. Lol. Anyway. Enjoy your day and enjoy your weekend!

My mom my daughter and me. One of my favorite photos. <3


Mother's Day gift 

No comments:

Post a Comment