Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The "Getting Back on Track", edition.

Good Tuesday morning!  It's raining this morning. I missed having a sunrise. It's does get pretty bright, though. Our window faces east and about 10 minutes after the sun crests the mountain, we need to close the blinds. I love the window. It's huge and when the sun moves a bit more, the room is so bright!  I'm trying to figure out how to redo the room. I think if we didn't have a king size bed, a California king at that, there'd be a bit more room. It was fine until we added the recliner and shelving for home hemodialysis. Now don't get me wrong, everything fits, but I'd like it to look less untilitarian, I guess.  We're slowly putting our artwork up. I'm going to get sleeker looking bed lamps. We're getting there. 

My hands are healing nicely. My left hand looked like it would take ages to heal, but I think there's something to slathering it with neopsorin and covering it for a few days. It was almost completely healed in less than a week. Of course my right hand gained a blister...which burst..and hurts..and I keep covered  with antibiotic and bandage. All things considered, everything is still much better. 

I went back to deep water fitness yesterday. Oh, how I missed being in the water. I could swim all day.  Some people run. I swim. We forgot to start the dialysate preparation before we left yesterday morning and didn't start it until we returned around 2:00 PM. Why is that a problem?  It takes about 6 hours to prepare. Of course we have can use the dialysate in bags, but we prefer to make it and do it that way.  So. Brian started the dialysate process, known hereafter and preparing the SAK. We started dialysis around 9 Monday evening instead of 7. We're just liking the flexibility of the system. 

Tomorrow I go to my monthly appointment it's my care team. And somehow Brian and and Dad also have medical appointments. You would think that we'd coordinate this. lol. The good news is Dad'se appointment is in the morning. Mine is at 1:00 and Brian's is at 1:30. And of course they are on different sides of town. We'll make it work. 

Finally, President Obama is in town. The news station is tracking his every move, more or less. They know he's still in town because Airforce One is parked at McCarran Airport. Every time I see the airplane on scream, I comment on just how large it is. Then Brian and I discussed how the presidential limousine was transported and we're pretty sure there is a second plane. The president also attended a fundraiser at a private resident. And we wondered how much of a donation we'd need to make to attend. I'm thinking $10k, but I really have no clue. I told Brian that when the Senator Obama was campaigning, my then director "donated" $1,000.00 to attend a meet and greet at a residence in Palmer Woods. Now that seems like a bargain!  I was also surprised at the large number of people who waited along the route the president was taking to see the motorcade. 

Well that's it for today. Today is manicure/pedicure day. I'm going to practice using a pastry bag to fill deviled eggs. I decided I am going serve deviled eggs to my seniors and they have to look nice.  Dad and Brian are my guinea pigs!  Enjoy your day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment