Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Saturday, August 8, 2015

The "Today is Much Better Than Yesterday", edition.

Good Saturday morning. The blog is all helter skelter  now, isn't it. You could depend on reading it MWF. But now, you never know when it'll pop up!  And I'm multitasking. Shawn and I are messaging as I type. Keeps me on my toes. And forces me to save often! So you're wondering why today is much better than yesterday, aren't you?  Well. I'll tell ya.  

Wednesday we wake up and Dad says the air conditioner is acting up again and the repair guy is on the way. Gotta give them props. AC guys respond quickly out here in the desert.  So the AC gets repaired. Later on dad said that this was probably the last time they'd be able to find the parts.  I suggested that if this happens again we need to replace the unit. Dad wanted to get through September. Remember we had to get it it repaired earlier this summer. And the AC unit is almost 40 years old. 

Thursday, Brian and I return from errands and whatnot and dad greets us with the news that the AC died. Well. So much for waiting for September. The good news is that it was overcast on Thursday, so the temp didn't rise as fact as it could. And for some reason I closed the blinds on the bedroom so that helped keep the apartment cool. Nevertheless, the temp was rising. The plan was for me have to do treatment then we leave and spend the night at BoulderStation for the night. Dad would stay and the the guys would come to start the replacement process at 8 AM. Brian and I spent the night at Boulder. Got a decent rate and an air conditioned room. And no we didn't gamble. Lol. 

Friday morning we headed back to the condo. A crane was hoisting the new unit to the roof and a couple of guys were inside the apartment. Brian and I changed clothes and headed out to water fitness. Came home and dad was sitting in a folding chair outside the apartment, in the hallway. I guess it was cooler there. I convinced dad to go for a ride in the air conditioned car and Brian would stay.  We were told that job would be completed that day.  

Well long story short, the new AC installation was completed that day. By 8 PM. Heh. My treatment has to wait until this morning. But we slept in glorious cool air. The temp inside the apartment reached 92. We had fans going and pretty much just stayed still yesterday. Lol. And so. Today is so much better than yesterday!!!

On the dialysis front, I had to skip a day. The good news is  I dialyzed on Thursday. The problem was I didn't  have treatment on Wednesday, which is a scheduled day off. But I didn't have to skip 2 days. We'd hope to do treatment yesterday, but it wasn't feasible to do it since the air didn't get back to a reasonable temperature until 9-10 PM. Ah well. So Brian is making the dialysate now and I should be ready to go about noon. And starting tomorrow, I'll be back on schedule. Life happens, doesn't it. 

Finally for those who think I'm here to take care of my dad, that is so far off from reality. My 89 YO dad is quite independent. We're here to keep him company. I didn't like him being out here by himself. But make no mistake, he has a life separate from me and Brian. He drives and gets around. Heck, he just purchased a brand new car.  Lol. Truth be told, I've met quite a few independent and self sufficient seniors out here. And each of the three of us is trying to take care of the other two.  Lol. 

Anyway. Have a great day. We're staying cool.  Yay!!  And maybe will stop by the Star Trek convention later on today. I'm thinking of taking photos with Tim Russ or Micahel Dorn.  I'd be taking a page from my friend Vialets playbook. :)  


So hot. Lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment