Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, September 16, 2016

The "I Never Spanked My Kid", edition

Or an alternate title could be "I Never Hit My Kid". Good Friday morning!  Well it's almost true. Once when she was a toddler, I caught her fiddling around with a light socket. I smacked her on her diaper clad bottom. First of all the dog growled at me when I did that (!). And second, she looked at me as if I hurt her soul. I felt awful. That was the last time I struck her. From that point on when she misbehaved I had her do a time out. This worked for our family.  

So. I've had a lot of doctors appointments, but it's really just that time of the year. The cardilogist passed me with flying colors. Which is good, actually it's great but we still have the mystery of the low blood pressure. But!  The blood pressure is slowly getting back to "normal". As an aside, heart issues are prevalent with dialysis patients. I'm feeling rather aces about this. But you just know something has to be an issue. And there is. 

All of a sudden I can't tolerate the medication to regulate my parathyroid glands. Parathyroid glands control the amount of calcium in our blood and bones. Yeah, without my kidneys the parathyroid glands run amok. So I was taking medication, at an insane cost, to regulate it. But recently, when I take it, I get horrible digestive issues. That knock me out for the rest of the day. :-/  The other remedy for the regulation of the parathyroid is the removal of the glands. I was trying to not do that, but the side effects of the meds is making that option look real good now. I'll discuss it with my team on Tuesday.  

Beyond that I can't complain much. Swimming feels sooo good even when the instructor is working our asses off. If you have any aches or pains, the bouyancy of the water relieves the pressure. And the exercises work full range of motion, you do cardio, core workouts and workout on strength. Learn to swim!  Take a water fitness class!  And. Not that I'd recommend it, but I've seen people who don't know how to swim take the deep water fitness class. I think they're beyond brave. 

Well that's it for today. We're all doing ok. All 3 of us had Doctor appointments this week. Go figure. Lol. Have a great weekend!  





No comments:

Post a Comment