Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The "A Few Issues Resolved", edition.

Good Wednesday morning. I look forward to Wednesdays. Barring any issues, it's one of my 2 days a week off from dialysis. Yesterday I had my monthly appointment with my dialysis care team. I was finally able to deliver the results of my primary care physicians tests and cardiologists tests with my nephrologist. My heart is fine. Yay!  My blood pressure is s l o w l y normalizing. Yay!  My visits to both doctors had them telling me to cut down on how much I dialyze. Yeah right. This underscores that neither one of them have a clear understanding of kidney failure and dialysis. I let them ramble on. No need to argue with them. But geez. You'd think they'd have some idea on how more dialysis is better.  My nephrologist said let them ramble on. 

I was also experiencing a high level of CO2 in my blood. Some adjustments were made and it is now back to normal. And of course my fistula access has started clotting, but that's a maintenance function. I'm scheduled for the fistulagram and angioplasty next week. Relax. I get it every 6 months. And finally, the medication that regulated my parathyroid is now making me violently sick. I'll be having surgery within the next month or so to remove my parathyroid. I feel sort of like a failure because I need the removal,  but I can't tolerate the meds anymore and the numbers are rising. There's a relationship between the parathyroid and calcium so that needs to be stabilized. I'm ok with this. Whew. That's a lot. 

My workouts are working. Imagine that. I'm getting stronger and have more stamina. Not as much stamina as I'd like, but I'm getting there. I have a break from my trainer this week. She got married Saturday and is on her honeymoon this week!  Ain't love grand!!  And the temps were in the 70s this morning. Brrrrrr!  Lol. 

Yesterday I wanted buffalo wings. We bought fresh wings. Brian had to cut off the wings, drumette and tips. We made a marinade and let them marinade for a few hours. We put them on parchment paper, seasoned them, then baked them. Then we made the buffalo sauce. Midway through baking we glazed the wings with the buffalo sauce. We served the wings with a salad with a homemade vinaigrette, celery sticks and carrot sticks.  The wings were tasty and not dry. Mmmmm. Good. Look. No carbs!  The only thing we'd change is to change out the parchment paper when we glaze the chicken wings. And we will the next time. I repeat. The wings were tasty!  I must add these even though the hot sauce was in the marinade and the buffalo wing sauce, the wings were not fiery hot. 

Well that's it for today. I'll be putting up the shorts. And soon the open toe shoes.  But right now, it still feels good!  Enjoy your day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment