Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, September 8, 2016

The "The Prodigal Father Has Returned", edition.

Good Thursday morning!  Well, Dad has returned from Yellow Springs, Ohio. His flight came in late Tuesday evening. We all survived!  Lol. He flew Frontier...and swore he'd never fly it again. Anyway. His flight was to land at 11:05 PM. I checked flight status and found out that the plane left Columbus early and would land early...10:45. Yikes. We needed to get to getting. Las Vegas McCarran airport has 2 terminals. Well more than 2 , but 2 passenger terminals. We've learned which airlines are in which terminal. And the terminal determines how we get to the airport. One way is a maze of a crazy car obstacle course. We take the easier way. 

Anyway. We get to the airport with a few minutes to spare. Head to the luggage carousel area for Frontier. And people start to arrive...from Pittsburgh....then from Chicago. And I check the arrival status..why yes, the plane has arrived. Long story short, the plane waited over 30 minutes for a gate to open up. Yay Frontier. We gathered up Dad and headed home. The stories of the trip would have to wait for the next day. We had to get up and out for our 8:00 AM deep water fitness class. 

Finally got around to talking with Dad. He was sort of aware that photos of the events in Yellow Springs were being posted as soon as they happened, but he didn't know the scope!  Shawn sent me photos in messenger, and other family members posted on Facebook. In addition, Shawn and I would text periodically or even send me videos of events as they happened. Dad was floored!  

He had a great time. My brother and cousins treated him like a king. And he loved it. Oh. And did I mention that 2 ladies crashed the family reunion because they heard he was in town?  Lol. By the time he got back he was exhausted...but happy. And Brian and I had the audacity to miss him!  We're all back now being our little family. And Dad had our left over holiday meal yesterday...Mac and cheese, green beans and tritip. And ate seconds!  And Shawn?  She enjoyed herself meeting relatives she hadn't meet and reconnecting with those she hadn't seen in years. And hanging out with her grandfather and aunt and uncle. <3. 

Just to recap. Dad attended an all years reunion at his high school. Yes, he was not the only one from his graduation year!  How freaking impressive is that?  He attended the family reunion. And he was not the oldest attendee!  Aunt Dot is 95.  Also there was Aunt Jeanette, Uncle George, Arnold and Nina, Kingsley, Patsy (not me, but who I named after) and Genevive!  All the same generation. Color me impressed and delighted!  And finally on Sunday, Aunt Dot's group named the Victorettes, who entertained during WW II.... Entertained on Sunday..my 95 year old aunt played the piano while the ladies sang. According to Dad Aunt Dot played over 30 minutes non stop. Now think about that!  He had a ball.  And my brother and sister doted on him. He is so freaking spoiled!  And we wouldn't have it any other way. And oh yeah.  His first wife was there.  :-)  So there's this..my brother has his mom and dad there with him. How cool is that?  

On the dialysis front no new news. I'm going to the cardiologist today. Probably schedule some tests to try to determine the cause of the low blood pressure. I'm still getting out and about. I just get tired. But we adjust. Brian keeps an eye on me. And that's fine. He's a keeper. That's it for today!  Have a great day!  

The Victorettes. That's my (95 YO) Aunt Dot on the piano. <3


3 generations ..and Dad with his wine glass. 🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment