Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, August 23, 2013

The "The Neighbors Are Pretty Cool, edition"

iPod shuffled "No Diggity", Blackstreet.  Teddy Riley and Dr. Dre. Again, Teddy can put together a group.  Yeah, so someone attempted to steal the tires off the Explorer.  The next door neighbor called the police, who responded within 60 seconds. As best as I figure it happened between 5:30 AM and 6:00 AM. Also the neighbor next to the neighbor was outside and aware of something, as well as the neighbor the other side of us. Early risers!!   Had it been a dialysis day, we'd been up at 5:00 AM. Ironically, up until quite recently, I had problems sleeping through the night. *sigh*.  Anyway, Brian, Jade and I slept through doorbells and the banging of the doors. :-(

Two tires on the passenger side were leaning against the neighbor's house, along with the lug nuts. The car was still on the jack. The neighbors and the police spooked the thieves . They left their van (full of tires) as they ran off. The police confiscated the van. A few years ago Brian heard a noise in the driveway.  Someone was trying to get the tires off the Edge. And several years before , the tires were stolen off my Taurus.  ;-(  They always mess with the 1st car in the driveway, so you can't get the other cars out. Anyway we're ok.  I'm less spooked now, but really just pissed off. The Detroit Police Department was stellar (yes I'm biased to DPD for any number of reasons). The neighbors, even some from the next street over were concerned and all are watchful.  The problem is some of the citizenry.  /rant off.  It's time to move. 

So as I mock Champaign/Urbana, I'm glad Shawn is there. I worry about her (after all I'm Mom). She has big city smarts, but C/U has a lower percentage of crime. They publish the city's crime blotter. Lol.  

Back to moving Shawn in.  "Check It Out", The Tavares. Lol. I needed this song to calm me down. :-).  We'd got the furniture, now we had to get stuff.  Stuff for the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.  Also it was day 2 of furniture assembly, table and chairs. They started the dresser, but a crapload of parts came out of the box. That'll wait until Friday. Lol. 

I had dialysis Friday. Oh yeah. At dialysis on Detroit on Monday, my right eye was red and my blood pressure was elevated and stayed elevated. This is out of the norm for me. The tech and different layers of nurses were concerned.  They all were strongly hinting I needed to go see the doctor NOW.  I pushed back.  The red eye thing happens...rarely, but that didn't concern me. The high blood pressure, yeah that bothered me.  Still, I had things to do.  The charge nurse called my nephrologist. He knew I was going out of town. He had the nurse call the center in Illinois and told them to not administer the Heparin.  Yes, I know what's going in me and why. I was there when the call was made.   When I arrived, I reiterated the instructions.  Lol. The nurse my nurse talked to (read threatened) was the one who managed my care. My blood pressure still spiked on Wednesday, but normalized by Friday and eye was considerably better.

Long story, huh?  Signing of with Michael Jackson, "I Can't Help It", written by Stevie Wonder. You should check it out. It sounds like a Stevie song.  Anyway, it on the "Off The Wall" album. Have a good weekend.  I'm going to go find some vegetables.  I've frozen my 1st batch of corn and am cooking green beans as I find them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment