Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The "My Smart Phone is Smarter Than Me", edition.

  iPod shuffled to Ventura Highway, "America". 1972. WDRQ anyone?  I was feeling pretty funky on Monday. Felt better when I woke up on Tuesday.  Actually I felt great. Doing pretty good today. :-)

My smart phone is really smart. It's an Android Galaxy. This is my 2nd one. The 1st one had a keyboard. This one doesn't. I liked the key board feature. When it was time to get a new phone, I was given the option of getting the newest Galaxy or an iPhone 4.  I already knew how to use the Android and wasn't interested in learning the iPhone. Heh, the new Android had some pretty major differences from the one I had. Still, I like my Android, but sometimes I think it's laughing at me. 

In spite of what I just said, I cannot function without my phone. That statement amazes me and unnerves me. The phone is my alarm clock, my calendar, my shopping list, my record of my medications, my phone book, a camera, my weather forecaster, my source of news, my clock (I stopped wearing a watch), airline flight tracker, receives my email, a calculator, tracks food for my renal diet (there's an app for that), a flashlight, a magnifying glass, a mirror, a cookbook, a GPS, a dictionary, a thesaurus and a phone.  Its also my lifeline to the transplant coordinator. And yes, I left out some apps I have loaded. And yes, I DON'T have Facebook on my phone. All that being said, I don't come close to how my kid uses a smart phone. Lol. Heh. I was in Starbucks the other day. Everyone in front of me presented their phone to pay!!!  I have no idea how that even works.  Lol 

My dad wanted a smart phone. He went to a Sprint store and got overwhelmed. He called me back and said he'd wait until I come out to help. :).  "Ready or Not", After 7".  I love Kevon Edmonds voice. It is so smooth.  I had to tell Dad to keep his cell phone on. He'd call me and the turn it off. I couldn't return his calls. :-/    Lol.   Mom some how found redial.  I'd have 10-15 call logs of her calling me. I guess she thought I'd pick up eventually.  But hey, they tried. :-)

Since I've had ESRD, my phone is with me all the time. My doctors (yes, doctors), the transplant, my dialysis center, my dad, husband, child friends and relatives contact me via this portable phone. 20 years ago I would have never even considered this possibility.   What's next?  

Signing off with "Give Up The Funk (Tear the Roof of the Sucker", Parliament. Hey, did you hear the Smithsonian Museum of African American History acquired The Mothership!  Time  to visit. :). Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment