Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, August 26, 2013

The "Sirius XM Is Playing Songs We Forgot About", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No", Alejandro Sanz and Shakira. Lol. Spell checker doesn't like Spanish. I try hard to limit my fluid intake, but water is just so damn good. ;-)  Before this kidney nonsense, I drank at least 8 glasses a day. Now I not only have to watch the water, coffee, juice and lemonade, I have to factor in grapes, cantaloupe and watermelon, glorious watermelon. And of course I was that person who liked salt on my watermelon.  40 ounces of fluid a day. Fun fact!!! Most people on dialysis don't pee. I thought because I was ( and still am ) peeing, my kidneys would recover. Well that's not true. My urine runs clear..it is not getting rid of toxins, just some excess fluid. Bah. Lol. Now you know why we can sit in a chair for 3-4 hours without bathroom breaks.

Rachelle Farrell, " With Open Arms". Shawn thought she was "just ok". Sacrilege, I tell you!! Rachelle is more than just "ok". We were talking about artists who do vocal gymnastics.  Rachelle wasn't gymnastic-y enough for my kid.  I say she is the only who can get away with it. ;-)

So generational differences.  Shawn got Internet access only.  She saw no need for cable. She uses Netflix and will catch TV show on the Internet. Of our course that generation does not use landlines.  When we moved into our dorms and apartments, we had killer stereo systems. (We still have the one we to when we got married...3 foot speakers, turntable, CD player,..sitting in the basement collecting dust). She uses her computer with teeny tiny, but powerful, speakers, or uses her phone with earbuds.   The TV is for Xbox or Playstation. Lol. I had a 13 inch black and white for the longest.  Now a 19 inch flat screen seems tiny. Rofl.  She  plugs the phone, iPod, MP3 player into the car.  She may listen to Sirius XM.    

While setting up stuff in the apartment....oh tangent. The rental company left 2 bottles of water in the refrigerator and a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. :)  Even though there light bulbs in the fixtures, the living room did not have a light fixture, so lamps were a priority purchase. "Looking Though the Windows",  Jackson 5. I had to school Brian on the Jackson 5 vs The Jackson's. Sigh, talk about disappointment. Better late than never, I suppose. Of course there is a difference.  Sheesh!!! Lol.  Anyway,  my iPad was the entertainment center during furniture assembly. My play list was exposed!!!  The horror!!!  On the flip side, they were held hostage by the music I like. {evil grin}. Bwahaha ;-D

There some others moving into the complex. Complex may be misleading. Two 3 story buildings. At one point someone was hammering in tandem with Shawn...the mating call of furniture assembly. The giant refuse containers outside were filled with boxes of the same Target futon. Lol.  She has free parking, with an assigned space...more on the differences between UIUC and UMich later. Any furniture assembly was basically done by late Friday. It was coming together.   


Signing off with "I Don't Need It", Jamie Foxx. Lol, I can barely type from chair dancing. Lol. Enjoy your day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment