Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, August 12, 2013

The "Its Just One Of Those Days", edition.

iPod shuffled to Kashif, "Help Yourself to My Love". Summer of 1983. As I'm listening I'm hear a nice baseline.  I don't recall hearing it with so much clarity with the Walkman ( time warp - lol ).  Brian has offered to see if he can be a live donor for me. Once we  get Shawn settled, we'll start the process. If he's not compatible, well investigate the paired exchange process.

Paired exchange, you ask, what is that?  It's where I have a willing but ineligible donor, someone else has a willing, but ineligible donor...but my donor matches that someone else, and that someone else's donor matches me. I read of a swap that included several people across several states. Who knew?

Saturday I received a packet fro the University of Toledo Medical Center Tranplant Program. I have no idea who sent my name/info to them. The good news is I've had the tests they required (and I "passed" the tests. I'll talk to my transplant coordinator and have her send the results.  

"What's Happening Brother", Marvin Gaye. This album is still one of my favorites.  Eh, this is it for today. Sometimes I get depressed about the whole failed kidneys thing.  This one of those times.  Sometimes you just don't want to smile and put on a brave face. I am grateful for the referral, and am grateful that I am so much better than when I was when I was diagnosed. But man, I have to jump through so many hoops. I can't just skip dialysis because I don't feel like going. Planning a trip requires all of my project manager skills  :-/

Ok enough.  I'll stop whining. Wednesday should be better. Signing off with "You Are Everything", The Stylistics.  Graphic of a paired exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment