Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The "How To Get Along With Others", edition.

iPad set to Apple Radio funk station. I had "Word Up" by Cameo.  I was apparently trying something fancy and deleted the paragraph I had typed. ;-<   So now I have The Blackbyrds, "Rock Creek Park". I've been to Rock Creek Park, but I didn't do anything special there.  Lol. Health insurance update. We left off with me almost in tears until I got the lady with the southern accent at Medicare.  She helped me select a plan. We ran into a stumbling block.  I couldn't enroll for a March 1, 2014 date until February.  I called last week. Of course I got someone else. However lady with the southern accent recorded everything in my file. <3. All that was necessary when I called back, was to start the enrollment process.  And that's exactly what happened.  Yesterday I got a call from Blue Cross.  They needed some additional information and informed they we processing my application. And I am on track for coverage effective March 1, 2014.  Brian keeps bringing mail.  I told all I want to see is verification of my Medicare Advantage Plan.

My new tech is back today.  The other one can't get my upper access.  She tries once and then will call a stick team member. I'm cool with this. Chicago, " Call on Me". Thank you Sirius XM for reminding me of Chicago. And especially this song. The horns are so tight.  Anyway. I arrive to dialysis on Friday.  Somehow a raggedy blue chair was in my space. The chair had a slit in the seat cushion, and it is not heated.  Then I sit sit and the arm shelf seems off. The recline was off. I was uncomfortable.  I assumed that by Monday it would be changed. The blue chairs are holding chairs for when we get off.  (I am getting so lost in this song)...  They are not meant for us to suffer on during treatment.  I come in on Monday and the same raggedy as chair was there.  I asked the tech to change it out, please.  

She goes to a nearby module, mod 1.   The holding chair in mod 1 is a newer chair.  She unplugs the chair to exchange with my raggedy chair. The tech in that module 1  has a fit over "her" chair.  My tech ignores her, brings ther newer chair over and plugs it up.  Mod 1 tech literally has a tantrum, "My patients prefer these chairs!!!!"  I'm on the verge of telling her that her patients sitting in the newer, more comfortable, heated chairs (and they are not plugged up because they are holding chairs) for 15 minutes, is not going to trump me sitting in a more comfortable chair for 3.5 hours.  But I chilled...(quoting Oran "Juice" Jones - lol). My tech ignored her rants. Not only that, other techs and nurses call mod 1 tech out.  Anyway mod 1 techs swipes another chair from somewhere else and rolled the raggedy chair back here, right in the middle of walk way. Later on, another tech moved it out of the way.  Well, the funky chair is still here. Lol. Whatever. I still have the comfy, heated chair. :-) 

Katy Perry, featuring Snoop Dogg, "California Gurls".  Other techs have complained about mod 1 tech. They don't necessarily complain to us patients, but the annoyance is palpable. Or one tech will complain to another.  Letting off steam, if you will.  By being held hostage in these chairs, we are witness to typical, inevitable workplace conflicts. For sure, some people do not like working with each other. You can see the annoyance.  They manage to get along most of the times.  Heh, the supervisers attempt to keep certain people apart, but some days it's not possible.  And despite what I've just talked about, the incidents are few and far apart. The staff is professional. 

Signing of with Bobby Womack, "California Deamin'".  I'd say yes, but they need some more water.  Leave my Great Lakes alone.  Lol. It'll get warm one day!

2 comments:

  1. I hate that you have to have dialysis but I do love these posts. They are comical, yet honest. I imagined, for a moment, a grown woman, throwing a tantrum over someone taking her chair, in a room of people with serious, life threatening diseases. I wonder, can she see how childish and petty she is? I am glad your tech ignored her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I agree. It reminds me of some of the days that I would have at work before I retired, except for the fact that it was in Ophthalmology. Different field, same periodical little annoying conflicts. I do miss it though. To have good health and be back at work in all it's petty splendor! Keep up the GREAT work. I love you, my forever friend. XOXO

    ReplyDelete