Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, February 3, 2014

The "It's Monday Already?", edition.

iPad set to Beyoncé, "Love On Top". I like this song. I'm still not tired of her.  Nice bouncy song. I had a bunch of topics this weekend. Now on Monday morning I'm drawing a blank.  I guess I can tell you that processed foods and salt turn me off now. I admit I was a Taco Bell fan. Now we make them and we make them good.  We have a home made taco seasoning recipe.  Very little salt.  We alternate between ground beef and ground turkey. Condiments are shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa. If we have leftover onions they'll get added and maybe some jalapeños. Simple. So simple. And delicious. "Looking For the Perfect a Beat", Afrika Bambaataa". I can name that song in 2 notes.  Lol.

We prepared finger foods to nibble on a Sunday. Our all day menu included baked chicken wings, lil smokies in hoisin and sriacha, fruit tray, veggie tray, cheese and sausage tray, and my indulgence, rotel and velveeta queso. Yes, it was too much. We ALWAYS over shoot. The wings were great- thanks Brian. The smokies were good, but too salty (imagine that /sarcasm).  I had a few cheese and crackers. The Triscuits were too salty. Yes, I should have bought the low/no salt version.  Sometimes I fight what's right.  I always get hand slapped. I didn't try the sausage, though.  I enjoyed the veggies-- without the dip!!!  That even surprised me. Lol. I couldn't get enough of the fruit. I could over indulge in the pineapple and strawberries. However I have to watch the melons.  They are high in fluid. Watermelon.  Get it?  Same with honeydews and cantaloupe. As always, all in moderation.  Finally I did have some chips and queso. Salty salty. Sigh. Limit the water.  All said, I still came in under a 3 kilogram weekend gain. And that's great!!).  Oh yeah, I did enjoy the Super Bowl blowout. :-)

My access area is itchy as hell.  My blood pressure is high this morning. When it's high I'm not allowed to recline. ;-(   The fluctuations can get real impressive.  (I forgot to take my BP med this morning...I did take the giant binder pills, though...sigh...that doesn't happen often).  The BP can be high sitting and when I stand up, it drops dramatically.    I wish my body could  just regulate.  That being said, again, all I have is failed kidneys.  People have diabetes, have had strokes, lupus, genetic kidney diseases. Some people have to be transported by ambulances. Some are amputees. Some take a lot of pain meds and seem to be perpetually in a fog.  Heart problems.  Shit just starts to happen by being on dialysis.   Missy Eliot with Ciara and Fat Man Scoop, "Lose Control",  now that makes your head bop!! "Cause Misdemeanor said so". :).    Ah well.  All I can take it a day at a time.  Today I'm good

Old dude is still in the hospital.  It's been a week.  My partner isn't here either. There are 2 new people, though. At least one has to be temporary. We'll see what happens. Signing off with Detroit's own, The Floaters, "Float On". And Detroiters are the only ones who can talk about Charles and Larry.  Anyone else from anywhere else gets checked. ;-D




No comments:

Post a Comment