Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, February 28, 2014

The "The Average Temp for Today is 30 Degrees. We're Not Performing UpTo Expectations", edition.

iPad set to Chicago, "Call Me". Somehow I disabled the shuffle so I had start over.  I played the first song that got my attention (list is in alphabetical order by artist).  0 degrees when I left the house. ;-(  I didn't feel the wind, but we were moving kind of fast. Lol. Lots to write so little patience.  Let's start with the topic that's been stressing me out since October...my health insurance. My coverage under Brian ends today. Thanks to the City's emergency manager.  >:-[  I'm not going to rehash that journey. Let's just say that Wednesday I received my Medicare Advantage card and a crapload of documents and booklets.  Effective date...March 1, 2014. Yay! Yay!  And can I say YAY again?  YAY!!!!!   Time to travel again. I got me some health insurance!!!  Cost is minimal and it will be withdrawn from my social security check. Pat is a very happy camper. Maybe my blood pressure will go down now?  :-)

Yesterday Brian and  I went out to lunch with my former coworkers. <3   And We went to a retirement reception for some of Brian's coworkers. Of course everything happens at the same time.  Lol. We figured it out anyway. For lunch, we went to Union Street on Woodward. The food is great.  The jambalaya is to die for.  I also got one (1) white truffle deviled egg. Yum. Ant got his dragons eggs.  You'll just have to look that up.  Lol. I am always so glad to see them. They weren't just coworkers, but they are friends. We'd do things outside of work. Several of us took trips to Las Vegas.  Several of us were on bowling teams / leagues together.  Some pushed my sci fi and comic / cartoon interest to attend ComicCon.  And one was and still is like a counselor. I admire her so much!  I love them all.  Yesterday was a joy, catching up with them.  

When I was their manager, every  quarter I'd have team building exercises, which was basically me treating them to lunch at a restaurant they selected. :)  After lunch, they had the rest of the day off.  :-D.   And yes, my team was quite productive. Great team. Much love!! 

Ramsay Lewis, "Love Song". As much as I liked "Sun Goddess", I liked this song even better. The orchestration is so mellow, with the piano as the star.  Ok grandcat. Sprout. My kid is clearly a millennial. The cat came from a shelter. He's 4 years old. And he is a hoot. The cat has personality. I am a dog person, so I had preconceived ideas about a cat.  Sprout blew them all out the water.  When we first came into her apartment, he scampered under the bed.  A few minutes later I went to use the bathroom.  The cat burst in and meowed at me.  Lol. I said get outta here. He meowed at me again and then went back under the bed.

He came out again. He walked up to me and Brian and sniffed us.  A noise outside startled him and he shot off to the bedroom again. He came back out in a few minutes. I put my hand out and patted his head. He then did that cat thing where he walked slowly and my hand traveled down his back to his tail.  I had a friend. He did the same to Brian.  Then Shawn passes us his toys. It was all over then.  Sprout loves to play. And play with him we did!!!  He felt quite free to jump on us and try to help us eat. Peek into bags. And meow a lot. If my dog is a talkie dog, the grandcat is a talkie cat.  Lol. When Shawn took a nap, Sprout was up on the bed, curled up at her feet, napping also. <3

Finally, I had dialysis on Monday, in Champaign. It went fine, but I was exceptionally tired afterwards  Lol. I had to use all the energy I could muster to walk out of the building.  They watch you like a hawk to make sure you're ok. I did do a weeble wobble but I assured them it was just my bad knee. ( that worked..bwhahaha). I got to Shawn's apartment and crashed on her couch.  I was supposed to make her a greek pasta salad and red beans (she can maker her own rice-lol). Well, I talked Brian through it while I'm damn near passed out on the couch.  He did the prep work for the red beans.  I got up to cook.  

We left for the hotel.  I slept for 10 hours. I NEVER sleep like that since the kidney failure.  I don't know what they did to me at the dialysis center, but damn.  The interesting thing is, I'm never tired on the machine, but the moment I come off, I feel like I've been in a fight. Lol. I guess the Champaign center had the world champions. Lol. Title fight!!! 

Signing of with The Dramatics, "Oceans of Thoughts and Dreams". Ron Banks showcase. :)  Stay warm. I think we'll go to Eastern Market tomorrow to walk and shop. The meat sticks are great!!  What the hell are meat sticks?  I'll take some photos so you can see.  Stay warm today. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 25 degrees.  Our weather is schizophrenic.   Oops too long, "Flashlight", Paliaments-Funkadelics came on.  Chair dancing my way outta here.  Have a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment