Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, March 19, 2015

The "The Sunrise Out Here Never Disappoints", edition.

It's 6:37 AM and the sun is coming over the eastern mountains. It's a little cloudy and the sunrise is beautiful. And the airplanes are taking off to the east. Lol.  Moving on. We've been doing a little experimenting on the cooking front. Brian cooked a whole chicken in the slow cooker. He added the vegetables, carrots, celery and onion. He seasoned it.  I saw a couple of bay leaves. He added some chicken broth to cook it in.  And he add some white wine!  He wanted to make gravy to go with rice. I talked him through making a roux.  He then added the chicken broth created for the slow cooker chicken to the roux. The wine added a whole new dimension to the flavor. Yum o yum!  

So yesterday, as we were discussing what we were going to have for dinner, we agreed on leftover chicken. I told him we still had some Gruyere cheese in the refrigerator. How about I make some Gruyere Mac and cheese. Or we could have leftover rice and gravy.  Brian is a Mac and cheese fiend, so macaroni and cheese it was!  We made a white sauce (I watch way too many cooking shows).  I added all of the shredded Gruyere and some leftover shredded cheddar...just a little. I'd added some nutmeg to the white sauce. I added a little cayenne and a pinch of salt. Brian mixed the sauce with the cooked medium shells. He then topped it with some breadcrumbs and baked it for 30 minutes in the oven.  Was it good?  It was delicious!  Grown up macaroni and cheese. It was really good. 

Tuesday was my monthly meeting with my dialysis medical team. It went well. It was clear that the nurses were in charge. Don't get me wrong, the doctor is pretty good. But the nurses run the show!  And that's cool. I spend a lot of time with my nurses. :)  While we were out, we expected a package to be delivered. Since Dad was going to be out running his errands, we let the guard at the gate know the package was coming. The package was not delivered while we were out, but it did arrive within 10 minutes of us returning. As a matter of fact, three packages were delivered. And one was totally unexpected. The unexpected package was for me. Let me tell you the backstory. 

Last year before Christmas, I received an email from Blizzard gaming company. They indicated a special gift had been sent to me at..my old address. I replied that I no longer lived there and gave the, my current address. Blizzard acknowledged the recipt of the response and the new address. And that was pretty much it. Christmas was coming and I'd forgot about it. I thought about it last week, but I figured nothing was going to happen. It's not like that was anything that I ordered. 

Well, on Tuesday, I received a package from Blizzard.  Ok. You're saying what is Blizzard?  Blizzard is the parent company of World of Warcraft, the online game I've been playing. Apparently for 10 years. I didn't start playing on the official release date, but I believe I started 2-3 weeks afterwards. That start date apparently included me in the group of subscribers eligible  for the 10th year anniversary gift. And what it a gift it is!  A really heavy statue of an Orc on a wolf mount!!  I love it!!!  Yeah, I'ved played off and on for 10 years. And I like it. No apologies. I've read that people have sold these statues on eBay for $500. I'm keeping mine!  

I have to go back to the dialysis center today so they get the results of the TB test. They showed us the airplane travel case for the dialysis machine. Sheesh. That's going to be a heavy carry. Ok. I've got to do what I've got to do. 

That's it for today. A little mundane entry. And that's ok. I like seeing people drinking their coffe outside at Starbucks or Einsteins. Just a nice sight. :). Have a great day...have a great weekend!!  Photo of my new statue!  


No comments:

Post a Comment