Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, December 14, 2015

The "A Wonderful Time with Family", edition.

Good Monday morning!  Saturday we hosted lunch for our visiting family. I ordered the food from John Mull's Meats, also known as Road Kill Grill. What I liked was that I ordered the food on Thursday for Saturday and Road Kill never blinked. Just asked what time will I pick up the order. Ribs, chicken, green beans, slaw and peach cobbler. Renal safe for Aunt Jeanette. 

Saturday morning, we woke up and went out Saturday morning trip to Boulder Station. One hour of gambling a week. Came home and cleaned up and set up for visitors. Left for Road Kill to pick up our order at 11:00 AM. A 12 mile drive. A worthwhile trip. Anyway. We're tickled as we pull into the parking lot and see the line for the prepared food, Road Kill Grill. People are lining up for their lunch orders. And we're not surprised.  We go inside the funky looking cinder block building, John Mull's Meats, and there's a line inside. And still, we're not surprised. Much. We're used to lines around the holidays, but it just wasn't a surprise to see it on Saturday morning. The food is good and they have an abundant list if meats.  And as we leave, the line us longer with more people pulling into the parking lot. 

I get to the inside counter, pay and they direct us to drive around to the back. We did this exercise for the 4th of July. We drive back there and there's Earl grilling his heart out. Just like last summer. Except  it's not 145 degrees. Lol.  He gets our food. Gives us 2 giant pans of their barbecue sauce, regular and spicy and gives us an additional rack of spare ribs. So now we have 4. He packed everything up and even loaded it in the car.  Much love for Earl!!  We head home. And Dad goes to get a bag of ice.  

Around noon, or 1:00 PM, we get the call that they're on the way. We hosted lunch 7 guests and the three us. 10 in total. Our guests finished off the green beans and peach cobbler. We have about 1/4 of the slaw left , 4 pieces of chicken and a bunch of ribs. Because, you know, Earl gave us extra.  Lol.  That's cool. We sent some upstairs to my senior, Pauline.  We had a wonderful time. Dad and Aunt Jeanette grew up together and they enjoyed being together now.  Brenda and I hung out in Yellow Springs and Detroit and we enjoyed being together. And I always considered the others to be my big sisters. Love them so much!!  So yeah, we just had a great time and enjoyed being in each other's company. 

Today, Aunt Jeanette's baby sister and her husband are coming in from California, so we're going to the hotel to visit. And let me put this in perspective. Aunt Jeanette has 2 sisters still kicking it. Aunt Jeanette is 85, Aunt Dorothy is 95 and I gave no idea how old Aunt Marlene is, but I'm thinking 80. And add Dad to the mix at 89!!  How about that!  I'm looking forward to seeing more family. 

Nothing special on the dialysis front. I'm feeling better everyday. I still get tired, but I'm getting out more. It was a slow slide to get to the bottom where I was and its a slow climb out, but I'm climbing out!  That's it for today. It's cooler here than in Michigan and Illinois. For now.  Lol. Have a great day and enjoy your warm spell!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment