Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The "TMI", edition.

Good Tuesday morning!  It looks like I'll be writing on Tuesday and Thursday.  For a while anyway. Deep water fitness is at 8:00 AM, Monday, Wednesday and Friday  on the other side if the world.  Lol it seems that way far away. That's the price one pays for following an instructor one likes. On the other hand, our original, closer aquatic center is offering deep water fitness again..and that pool is closer. I think we'll check it out.  The deep water fitness workout is pretty intense. Of course, you get out of the workout what put into the workout.  And I put out, baby!  Lol. I actually start whining the first 10 minutes, but then me and my body adjust and I keep in pushing.   Yesterday we had a 1 hour "marathon". We were attached to bungee cord tethers and swam nowhere fast.  Lol. Well we'd swim 2 minutes, then do several exercises, then the swim time would increase.  I think by the end we were up to a 6 minute nonstop swim. The exercises included bicycle with breast stroke, or just legs only. Recumbent bike, legs only, butt kicking.  The resistance if the water makes the movements challenging.  

By the time it's over I'm tired. In a good way. Oh oh!  There has been a benefit. Initially I couldn't hoist myself up the ladder to get out of the pool, so I'd swim to the shallow end to walk out the pool using the stairs. Now I can climb out of the pool. And it's getting less difficult. Yay!!  Anyway. We got home yesterday and I slept for 2 hours. I slept hard. :-/  the good news is I don't always crash like that. Oh yeah. In the therapeutic (?) pool next too us, there is a therapeutic water class. Lots of walking and easy movements.  And music. They walk so much that I suggested to Brian that should be playing The Time, "The Walk". "Everybody walk your body..."  Hehehe.  

So what is TMI ( too much information )?  I don't urinate. That's right. I don't pee at all. That is an effect of ESRD ( End Stage Renal Disease ). Let's think about this. My kidneys failed. They don't work, so they can't process some waste products,,, that's why I do dialysis. And dialysis does what?  It removes wastes and....FLUID.  Oh. Yep. Now granted, when I first started dialysis I did pee. And I peed a lot. But it was just residual fluid. It wasn't the good waste removal kind of pee. For the record, it was clear.  Real clear. :-(   The nurses and nephrologist informed me that clear pee meant nothing!  And urinating was basically a symptom of inadequate dialysis. Once I started home hemodialysis and more frequent dialysis, the scant urination I did do stopped. I gotta tell you. It's an odd feeling. Sometimes I may feel the urge, but the result is nothing. Nada. And yes, the vast majority of people with ESRD have no urinary function. As a matter of fact, the first thing doctors look for after a kidney transplant is the production of urine. It's referred to as "waking up the kidney". Heh. I look forward to hopefully peeing again. Lol. I never thought that peeing would be one of my dreams and goals. TMI for ya?  Adventures in Dialysis, ya'll!!!  Lol. 

Finally, while at the car dealership, there was a pink Thunderbird parked next to our car. It attracted a nice crowd. Brian and I took our phones out and took some photos. I wasn't sure how'd they come out because it was so sunny (neener neener),however the photos aren't bad at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment