Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The "Cinderella, Part 2", edition.

Good Tuesday morning. Yes.  Tuesday. I want to try and finish this story. I left off with us receiving our table assignment. Table 17. It was a good table. Near the stage and podium, close to the dance floor, and close to a bar. I counted 3 open bar stations.  No lines!  There were 2 vendors selling Greek paraphernalia and a photographer station. And not as much pink and green as you'd expect. But lots of sequins!!  My dress had a sequin overlay. 

Once we sat down, Brian got me a Bloody Mary. I changed into my fancy shoes. Then we headed to get our picture taken. The DJ played music until the program started. Once the introductions were made, the band, Chocolate Thunder, started playing. A band and 3 female singers.  Talented and gorgeous. My sisters turned it out!  Brian wanted to dance, and I did too, but I knew my legs would protest. I did get up once a slow song started. I like slow dancing with Brian. <3  After a few songs dinner was served. 

We were served a combination salad. There was a small wedge and an arugula salad with tomatoes and candied walnuts with a raspberry vinaigrette. And we had rolls, of course. The entree was green beans, mashed potatoes, baked chicken and salmon in a dill sauce...the salmon was kinda tasty. Desert was a chocolate cake bombe and cream thing and berries. Lol. Something for everybody.  

Before this time I started to get tired. My back started to hurt. The chairs weren't comfortable. I went outside the ballroom I search of a comfortable chair. And found one. During the evening I'd get up several times to find relief.  I made it through dinner and part of the way through the awards ceremony. ESRD caught up with me. I was tired and I hurt. And I was getting light headed (I'm sure the Bloody Mary didn't help, but I didn't even drink half of it). I had to call it a night. Doing that made me sad and pissed me off. I wanted to stay and dance some more. My body said no. I turned into a pumpkin. :-(   

So this is the reality of End Stage Kidney Disease. I like to think I can still do stuff. But my body just shuts down after a while. Sometimes I barely have enough energy to make it back to the apartment. I'm walking sideways and bouncing of the walls like a pinball. I race to the bedroom flop down on the bed. I was looking forward to nice evening of glamour and glitz. After 3 hours I was done. I guess I keep on pushing. I'll continue to try to raise my stamina and energy levels. Do you know how much I miss because walking and just standing makes me tired?  Ugh.  

So like Cinderella I got dressed up for the ball, had to leave around 9:00 I turned into the pumpkin. I probably looked like a pumpkin when I got home and flopped down on the bed!  Lol. Anyway. There you have. And yes, I'll keep trying. But I know I'm slowly going downhill. I'll keep going until I can't. 


Well that's  it for today.  I have some errands to do today and our car lease is ear the end so it's time to look at cars. We'll have a good day and I hope you do too. 

My fancy shoes. 

Our party picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment