Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, May 5, 2016

The "I Get Angry When I Get Tired", edition.

Good Thursday morning. Well. Since our deep water fitness is early on Monday Wednesday Friday, im trying to get into a blog rhythm. It may be that this week is the outlier because we had some things to take care of. All I know is as much as I'm enjoying my water workouts, they're pretty brutal.  But I'm getting ahead of myself. 

Our car lease is over on May 17. We weren't able to visit the car dealership before this week. But we'd discussed the car model we wanted. We had a Ford Fusion. And I liked it a lot. But since I've transitioned to home hemodialysis we have to consider transporting my "portable- hahaha" kidney. We decided on an SUV, specifically the Ford Escape. Brian has had an Explorer and an Edge, but we don't need that size anymore. Nor do we need the higher gas mileage. The Escape fit the bill. So after visiting Kelly Blue Book and the Ford site for builds and inventory, we were on our way. 

Tuesday we went to the dealership. We were greeted by salesman before we even got out of the car. He ushered us into the showroom where a 2017 Escape was on display. Of course it was the most expensive version available. We don't need a car that can park itself. Parallel parking while not nonexistent in Las Vegas, it is rare. Yes we parallel park downtown. And the open roof is something I've never used so I'm not into paying for that.  Or a trailer hitch. You get it the idea. So Alex ushers out to the car lot. Rows and rows...and rows of cars. And Escapes. Lots of them. I'd told him I was looking  for a base Titanium model.  Apparently I was asking for too much. The cars come with added, unnecessary junk. So Alex brings us inside, gets us bottles of water and then another guy comes over. He says we're going to get a new salesman. Alex has been on the job for 6 months... A salesman In training. Lol. 

Now we have Sergio.  We go through the same motions with Sergio. *sigh*. We go look at more cars. Test drive the different engine types.  And then like magic, 2 models with my specs and more appear. Not only do they appear, they have "Managers Special" tags on them. ROFLMAO. The vehicle is $8000 less than the cars they'd been showing us. :-/  Later on I told Brian while we were in the giant lot being difficult, they moved the other cars over. And we wouldn't have seen it because they were both hidden by a Ford pick up truck. He accused me of being a conspiracy theorist. Lol. We told them we'll take it We went inside and negotiated even more, called him out on some numbers and calculations. Then made a deal. We told him we'd return on Wednesday to complete the process. See, we'd spent over 3 hours there and I was tired. Yes, 3 hours. WTF???? Yes. I was tired afterwards. Did I mention the temp shot up to the 90s and were outside for a while looking and test driving?  Ugh. 

Well Wednesday dawns and we head to Henderson for our 8 AM deep water fitness class. That class had us moving nonstop for 1 hour and were using resistance equipment. The buoys are brutal.   Everyone is frowning while working out. Lol. We leave there and head to the credit union. Which is waaaaay on the other side of town. Then we  head to the dealership, a fair ways away too. We arrive there just before 11 AM. I'm already tired because of the class. And now we start the second marathon. Let's just say we finally left the dealership just after 1:00. A little over 2 hours there. :-/   After dealing with at least 5 people. Geez. In Detroit the process was about 45 minutes...with just one person. The salesperson. I'm glad we won't have to do that again for 2 years. Oh. And we have to wait a week for the registration with The DMV and have to return to the dealership for that. <massive eye roll>. Because yes, in Detroit, the salesperson took care of all of that, including putting the license plate on the car. Lol. /end rant. 

In the end I was so tired I could barely function. I was also hurting. I was really upset because I was so tired. I came home and ate a light lunch, then staggered to the bed. Too tired to even fall asleep, I watched a little tv. I eventually fell asleep. Brian woke me up for dinner. Did mention hell cover me up while I'm asleep?  <3. I ate some dinner then went back to sleep. We had watercolor Wednesday evening. I was too tired to go. I couldn't fathom sitting and painting for the next 3 hours. He left and I fell asleep again. I finally recovered around 7:30. And still had a good nights sleep. Yes.  I feel fine today. And Dad, Brian and I went to the hot tub this morning. It felt good!  

So this entry is the dialysis angle. ESRD is what makes me unexpectedly tired. I can start tasks with great intentions, but my body will stop me when I'm over extended. And I can't anticipate when that is. And I'll get episodes of light headedness. Like this morning.  Dad called me and I jumped up. Whoa!  The world started spinning.  I'll keep trying and going, but when my body says enough, I'll listen to it. So if it looks like I'm punking out, well maybe I am, but remember, it's not intentional. I'm not apologizing because this is what my life is. I hope you understand. 

That's it for today. I think we're going to Arizona to find lottery tickets. In our new car!  Woot. I'm looking forward to winning $350,000,000. :-D  Have a wonderful day!  







No comments:

Post a Comment