Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Sunday, May 15, 2016

The "Helicopter Family", edition.

Good Sunday morning. Yeah, I know. Sunday. We're on a new schedule and well, some days I just don't feel like writing. MWF we're out of the house by 7AM or so. I know I know. We're retired. Why the heck so early?  Deep water fitness starts at 8AM. And the class is at the southeastern edge of Henderson. It's quite the distance from our condo. Theoretically it's like driving from Detroit to Pontiac. Realistically it's not nearly that far. Yes, I'd love to go to a class that is closer but eh. We did go to one closer, but it was Tuesday, Thursday.  But I wanted 3 times a week.  So here we are. And for fits and  giggles,  the last week we had to deal with the car dealership and credit union which are on the other side of town....and still across town from each other lol. 

And then Brian has Crossfit on TThS at 6AM. Yes I wake up with him. See, when we both worked, he left before me, but I was always up to kiss him before he left for work...at the very least. I'd try to have a cup of coffee with him. I see no reason why that should change now. And we hop in the hot tub when he gets back home. ;-)   Helicopter wife! 

So helicopter family. You already know Bryan hovers over me.  Like this past Wednesday morning. I was feeling out of sorts. We made it to the aquatic center. I changed and dragged myself to the pool from the locker room.  That day it required more energy that I was able to muster up. We had to wait for the earlier class to finish. I dragged myself to the bleachers and sat down.  When Brian came out I could tell by his expression that he knew I wasn't feeling well. I was actually just hurting and couldn't get comfortable. I assured him once I got in the water, I'd feel fine. And I did.  The deep water takes the pressure of my spine...my entire body actually..and the pain is gone. Of course the exercises bring on a different type of pain.  Lol. Anyway. Once the brutal workout hour is over, I feel much better. There has been a benefit.  Initially I couldn't pull myself out of the pool. I'd swim to the shallow end and use the steps to get out. This pool doesn't have that option. So...pulling myself out is getting easier now. Yay!  

Dad is also being a helicopter. We're funny checking in on each other. And Dad and Brian don't like leaving me alone in the apartment. Lol lol. Dad races ahead of me to open doors. He won't sit down at a table until I sit down. He also sees when I'm feeling out of sorts.  When I'm not feeling well, he checks in on me. I love them both very much. And even though sometimes the helicopters can be annoying, I know it's out of love and I understand it and I appreciate it. And yes, I helicopter them, too. Brian stays so busy and drives so much. Sometimes I'll do the driving. And we both cook so Dad has a nice dinner every day. 

Dialysis angle?  Brian is with me for almost every appointment.  He's in the exam room, except for lady parts exams. He is included in every discussion with gaggle of doctors and health care partners. It's important that he understands my condition.  There are times he needs to respond to my medical needs. And he needs to know and understand symptoms and limitations. He certainly needs to know what to do when my blood pressure drops. Eh. It's chronically low now. We need to know why. It's so low that the numbers I'm posting now, used to cause me to pass out. (!!!). 

We haven't hit triple digits in the weather yet, but getting close. I was dismayed to read that some parts of Michigan had snow this morning. (!)  I love Michigan and it certainly is a beautiful state. But snow?  I just can't. I broke out the tank tops this past week. And it felt good! 

 Oh oh. Our watercolor teacher showed us how to paint a Westie this week. My first attempt,  I created alien dog!  Lol lol. But I now have the tools to do it. I'll be practicing and working on it. One day I'm sure I do a reasonable facsimile and only then I'll show you my handy work!  That's it for today.  Have a wonderful day!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment