Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, July 22, 2016

"The Mexican Food Nirvana", edition.

Good Friday morning!  Feeling good today!  Felt great yesterday also. Visited the trainer. She made the workout harder..of course, but I hung. And more importantly, I didn't have that low blood pressure crash I'd been having the last several visits. Perhaps it's because I had 2 boiled eggs and took my "high blood pressure" pills before we left home. High blood pressure pills <eye roll>. And she worked the crap out of Brian. It's a pretty cool place. Yesterday there were 2 other trainers working with their clients also. All of us at different levels. 

Anyway. Afterwards, we needed to go cross town to get to the credit union. Then we wanted to get something to eat. We decided on Mexican. Now believe it or not, Las Vegas is Mexican food heaven. Lol. Yeah. I'm being funny. The catch is finding the places you like. And believe it or not, Taco Bell has a large presence here.  As does Del Taco and Pollo Loco (never tried it). But we have tried other places that have caught our interest. One place was Roberto's Tacos. It's a family owned chain that is very popular. And you know when you walk in and you're the only people who don't speak Spanish that food is pretty authentic. Alas, it didn't tickle my taste buds..and then I didn't feel to well after eating it. Scratch that off the list. 

Then there was this sit down restaurant not too far from us. We decided to try it. What we didn't realize..because we really dont speak Spanish..is that it was a Mexican seafood restaurant. Well, that was quite the pleasant surprise!  We went several times without ordering seafood. Shawn shamed us. So we took her and ordered seafood. I got some spicy as hell shrimp dish. Yum yum yum!  Shawn got a fish with its head intact!  But it was good also. Lol. We could also order octopus, squid or even lobster. The menu was quite extensive!  We took Dad and he ordered steak.  Lol. 

There have been several other restaurants we tried.  There was a new one we decided to try yesterday.  An independent fast food restaurant that we'd passed often. We stopped there. Los Tacos. We go inside. We get in line. The guy behind the counter switches flawlessly from the Spanish he was speaking to the customer in front of to English for us. I'm looking at the menu on the wall. And I announce its our first time there. The guy, Daniel, asks me what do I usually have. I say burrito. He says that's what he calls a taco. Huh?  Anyway. We go with the burrito. But then he has a cook bring us little cups of meats. Right then and there we are tasting carne asada, chicken, chorizo and pork!  Oh. My. Goodness. The carne asada and chicken were amazing!  The seasoning was so tasty. I ordered a carne asada burrito with pico, beans, avocado, cheese and whatever else was in there...no rice. Brian got the chicken burrito. 

Then Daniel asks what we want to drink. I say lemonade. He says hold on. I want you to taste something. He then brings us little cups of fresh juices. Pineapple, watermelon, mango and cantaloupe. Agua frescas. I'd seen these in other Mexican restaurants but I wasn't willing to try it. Well here was my opportunity. I ended up with a an order of pineapple Agua Fresca and Brian got the cantaloupe. 

We got our order, sat down and started eating. Best. Burrito. Ever. And there was a green sauce on the table. And of course I am a red sauce kind of gal. But I tried the green sauce. Yes yes. The green sauce was tasty, too. Just a poke of heat. I couldn't finish my burrito. It really was just that big. And yes there is a junior burrito on the menu. Next time. Anyway. Daniel wrapped my remaining burrito and gave me some extra green sauce to take home. Good food. Good service.  

Needless to say when we want a quick Mexican meal, we will be back. Oh yeah. Dad tasted my burrito with the sauce. He took a big bite. He liked it also!  

Dialysis news?  Started the day out ok. Went to deep water fitness. My body rebelled. I had to cut my time short. Ended up waiting in the car for Brian then almost passing out on the way home. Got home. Slept. Now I feel better. Sigh. I really had plans for other things today. Well. Have a great day and weekend. Stay cool. It's hot here, but you have the heat and humidity. Yuck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment