Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, July 21, 2016

The "Surviving the Heat", edition.

Good Thursday morning!  Nothing special. We're still doing deep water fitness. Still going to the personal trainer. Surviving daily high temperatures running around 107-111 degrees. Summertime in Las Vegas. Taking a break from painting classes.  Took a one day smart phone photography class. Now I just need to practice. Lol. The Omega Psi Phi fraternity will be in town, so a few cousins will be visiting. The sorority is hosting a hospitality suite.  I opted not to participate. The conclave is at Caesars and Caesars is impossible huge. I'd be worn out just trying to get to the suite!  Or else I'd need a hotel room just to get to the suite!  Lol. 

Well. It's time to go to a crapload of doctors appointments. Some I have to get just because they are mandated by the HMO on a yearly basis...because of the ESRD. I didn't have this requirement under the Blue Cross Medicare Advantage plan in Michigan...but whatever. I have 4 radiology tests coming up including an ultrasound. Now some of the tests have been requested by nephrologist. I have been having some issues. You already know about the chronic low blood pressure. He's concerned and wants me to see a cardiologist. Now. Yeah well. I'm in an HMO and have to schedule an appointment with my primary care physician (PCP) to get a referral. Except I got a call in early June that my PCP has left the practice and the oh  yeah, the office moved. Please call in a month to reschedule your appointment. WTF?  

In addition, the nephrologist tells me my liver numbers are off, please see a gastroenterologist. I did get that referral and went. Of course that rolls me into a colonoscopy. Ugh ugh ugh. Lol. Gotta do what you gotta do and I am overdue. I successfully put it off as long as I could!  Lol. That'll be in August. And then the neph tells my the acid levels in my blood are off. Sigh. I have no clue what that means. I'll find out soon. I guess. 

So next Wednesday I'm going to my new PCP. And I had  a nice relationship with my previous one. Ah well. And I'm going to get the referral to the cardiologist. And next Friday Im going to Desert Radiologists and get 4 tests.  Yay. I also got a massive injection of iron at my monthly home hemo checkup. That happens about every other month. And my epogen started again. My protein numbers are still off, but just barely. 

I have good days and not so good days. I push some days and some days I just fall backwards on the bed. Today  looks like it's going to be a good day. And I fell bad for dragging Brian through this. Ugh. Oh and I got new glasses. At least this time I also got a pair of sunglasses. Bifocal sunglasses!  But. What a difference sunglasses make over transition glasses. Smart move. Thanks Brian!  

That's about it. Just waiting out the heat!  Stay cool. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment