Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The "Day 2 at the Dialysis Center", edition.

Good Wednesday morning.  iPad shuffled to Doobie Brothers, " Black Water". Raced me back to my days at U-Mich.  Ok. At the dialysis for day 2 of nocturnal home hemodialysis. My final day will be Friday. I'm kinda liking this treatment every other day thing. It will just as flexible as regular home hemodialysis (HHD). iPad shuffled to Usher (featuring Lil John and Ludacris), "Yeah". Chair dancing time.  Training incenter..we have to learn the slight differences between what we are currently doing and what we will to change. . And I'm on the machine for about 5 hours. Kinda tedious during training, when I go live it'll be at night while I'm asleep....in my own bed. Oh yeah bill get a higher dose of the anticoagulant (controls blood clotting). 

We found out that my nurse will visit us at home Tuesday...during the day...to make sure we can solo.   Monday she showed us the differences between how we currently set up and what the changes will be. Today she supervised me and Brian while we did the new procedures.  We'll solo again on Friday under the supervision of the nurse.  Average White Band, " If I Ever Lose This Heaven". Now I'm here for 5 hours. *sigh*. 

After I finished the 5 hour treatment on Monday , I was tired..so tired. I got home and slept. Ugh. I expect the same will happen today.  And I'm sure there are other things I have to change.  Currently I'm in the chair while inserting the needles. Now my needle insertion angles will change because I'll be in the bed. And what do I do with my right arm while I sleep? There will be needles in me. I shouldn't move too much. Don't want to pull a needle out!  We'll adjust.  The Dells, "Stay in My Corner". Wow. I've really missed my music. Lol.  It's  just as well. I'd probably go deaf cranking up the volume on the headphones!  

The sorority is having a "soirée" this month. I've got my dress and shoes, but I still need a few accessories.  Yes, I'll post pics later. Last night Brian made a "Hudson's" Maurice salad, including the dressing. Delicious. The portions were a bit chunkier, but the taste was right on!  Yum!  

And our trainers gym is moving. So while its in flux, the trainer has been coming to us and we (Brian) have been working out in the condo's exercise room. And she's given us a plan. Looking forward to the new gym opening!  

That's it for today. Signing off with Michael Jackson, "I Can't Help It". Beautiful song. Looking to getting in the 80s this week. This makes me very happy!  Enjoy your day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment