Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, March 10, 2017

The "The Last Day of Training", edition.

iPad shuffled to Heatwave, "All You Do is Dial". Heatwave with members from Dayton, Ohio. As are The Ohio Players. And Lakeside. And Slave.  And Roger Troutman of Zapp. No more Dayton hating. Hey, I got accepted at University of Dayton. They even flew me out for a few days to visit. Mom thought I'd be too close to my cousins so she nixed the idea. But just remember all that talent from Dayton, Ohio. Shout out to Yellow Springs, Wilberforce, Xenia ans Springfield!   

Ok. Last day of nocturnal home hemodialysis at the center. Brian and I sort of soloed. Both us had brain farts. But the beauty of us working together is that we know what each other is supposed to do so we catch each other. The differences are in the set up. The Dramatics, "Fall in Love, Lady Love". Lol. I keep on cranking up the volume. Ok. The cartridge is slightly different. There's an additional dual clamp to help protect against leaking. The numbers that Brian enters are different. They're lower because I'll be dialyzing longer. We will adjust as we get more comfortable doing this.  But again, the best part is I'll be in bed asleep.  Yes!!

Player, "Baby Come Back"  so Brian and I in the Guinea pig zone. We are the first clients in the center who are doing nocturnal home hemodialysis. And I think there is one other client in the Las Vegas area doing nocturnal (!). My nurses finished the last part of their training last Friday. And as they're working with us, other nurses and staff are coming in asking questions and there is even a nurse from another location here to observe. And I also got the noninvasive procedure to shrink my parathyroid. So we're getting a lot of questions and observers. It's fine. Even when I'm in the hospital I get students assigned to me. But I'll leave this with you. You need to know all about you whatever health challenges you have, you need to be hyper informed. Because you have to be your own advocate. 

Al Green, "Love and Happiness". Heh. I'll just go deaf.  Oh oh. While talking with the nurses they told us about another client who is currently on a cruise with the NxStage. I'm interested!!!  Brian and I have a 30th wedding anniversary this year and cruise sounds great!!!

Finally, we need to make some changes for the nocturnal hemodialysis. Have to switch my nightstand with the dialysis machine set up. And what am I going to do with my big, comfy recliner?  We'll figure it out we always do.  Santana, "Black Magic Woman. He sure does make that guitar sing.  The weather is great right now. 80s for the next week. We've opened the windows. The time will come very soon when the temps go up to 3 digits and will park there. 

Signing out with The Delphonics, "Trying to Make a Fool of Me". Did I tell you we're looking to move?  More on that later. If you promoted or shared information on World Kidney Day 2017, thank you so very much. Don't forget the Spring ahead this weekend. Have a great weekend!!


I forgot. One my groups us having a cruise yo Alaska this fall. I may think about it. But. Beaches!!!


This s te senor apparatus to detect blood leaks. The alarm will jolt you right awake, the sensor patch is taped over where the venous needle is inserted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment