Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Saturday, July 29, 2017

The "The Aftermath of the Move", edition.

Good Saturday morning!  The move is more or less over. Sort of. Kind of. Well. We've moved in. Cable and Internet were installed yesterday. The house was very quiet before yesterday. Lol. Except when Shawn played the video games. I watched her play Fallout for a while.  For the most past the move was fairly stress free. Here's what we've learned. 

When we called the cable company, we asked if they could lower the bill. Oh my!  Did they ever. It was lowered substantially and we got more stuff. We can talk to the remote to change channels or look for shows. And our internet capacity was doubled. And the wifi is panoramic...yes the guy had to explain it to us. 

The moving company. We used Two Men and a Truck. It was actually 3 men and a truck!  Lol. They worked their butts off. I'm amazed at how much furniture we had in the condo apartment. Anyway. The moving company was great. The price was good and the time estimate was almost spot on. The hiccups came with moving furniture out of the apartment. Only 1 elevator and it could not handle the large furniture. I did explain that when making the appointment that stairs would have to be used. And it was hot that day. 104-105 degrees. You know. Normal Las Vegas weather. When they arrived at the new house, they placed the furniture where we wanted and even put up with me having them adjust stuff. Total time to move...5 hours. 

Wayfair is evil. Sooo soo evil. In a good way. Lol.  And the products I purchased are fantastic!  Lol. It's starting to be a go to "store" for me. How did I get to Wayfair?  I asked Shawn to look for a Daybed for the 3rd bedroom/office. She came back with 2 minutes with a list of daybeds off of Wayfair. I noted it and filed it away. In the meantime, our bed frame died. Died an ugly death. My side of the bed dipped. Lol. So I needed to buy a bed. I turned to Wayfair. I ordered it. Now there were several options to the order. And yes, shipping is free...anyway. 1.  I can order the bed and we can assemble it. 2.  I can order the bed and the box will be delivered to the room, but we assemble it. Or 3. I can order the bed, have it delivered to the room and have someone come over and assmble it.  Wayfair gave me a delivery date. Well. One night after treatment I get a text that the bed was delivered...a day early...to the new house. Whoa. It was after 9pm. Brian drove to the house and sure enough the bed was there. Kinda hidden next to the front door. You'd have to see it to understand that the package really wasn't out there in the open, but still. Lol. I think it was UPS that did this. Brian put the box in the house.  He assembled it a few days later. And do I like my new bed?  I absolutley love it!!!!

And oh yes, I ordered the Daybed and a memory foam mattress for the office. It was almost timed for Shawn's arrival. Well.  The bed got here before moving day. The mattress was scheduled to arrive on moving day. Yay. Just what we needed. And arrive it did. After the move was overs Shawn and I went to pick dinner. And guess what was waiting at the front door when we returned. And yes Dad no Brian were home. UPS, what the heck?  Oh yeah. Brian assembled the day bed. I love it also. Anyway. I didn't have linen for the Daybed. We went the next day. Shawn slept on the couch. Now as I need (want) more items, I'm automatically turning to Wayfair. 

We all realized we have too much clothing. More to purge. And we have to go back to the house to just throwaway stuff.  And the kitchen. So.  Many. Spices. Lol. Canned goods come. Empty refrigerator and trash what's in there...but keep the freezer stuff. Lots of olive oils and vinegars. Yes we like to cook. And oh! Our new gas stove!  Whoo hoo!  

But you know what?  We're loving the new home. We're adjusting and having fun adjusting!  Got my new drivers license so I'm now officially a resident of Henderson!  Mail is coming to the new address. And I've even done my first dialysis treatment here. Must be home now!  Lol lol lol. 

Anyway. Thats it for today. Heading back to the condo today to clean out more stuff. On Monday I notify the cleaning lady to come and make the apartment nice and shiny.  And the Dad will get the carpet cleaned. The plan is coming together!!  Every evening we're tired, but it's ok. We're home!  And today is National Chicken Wing Day. You know what you have to do! :-D


It looks even better in person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment