Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The "Moving Day is Moving Day!", edition.



Good  Tuesday morning!  I'm doing treatment this morning to get it out of the way before the move. Afterwards we'll pack up the "portable" kidney machine and take it over. Tomorrow is the official moving day.  We've moved quite a bit of stuff over already. Most of the clothes, the small appliances, pots and pans, emptied kitchen cupboards ....whew.  The plan is for the movers to move furniture and a few boxes, some medical equipment...heavy stuff. 

Moving while doing home hemodialysis takes some planning and a lot of communications. When I use the machine, it's hooked up to the water system in my house to make dialysate. However, the water in the condo was tested and approved. The water in the new house needs to be tested. Until it's tested and approved we have to use pre made dialysate..in monster bags.  6-7 of them. And!  I will be unable to do nocturnal until the water has been tested and approved....because that would require a whole of bags. I know this nonsense to you, but it's something we have to plan for. We needed to go to the clinic to pick up the travel case to move my "portable" kidney. We'll leave the other part to the movers. So yeah. There's that. 

I've filled out the USPS change of address form online and it's effective today. I changed my drivers  license online with the DMV last week. Received my new license yesterday!  A few more places to notify but we're getting there. So. Tomorrow night we spend the night in our new home! 

And for a bonus, Shawn is in town!!  She has a new job in Oregon and is hanging with us for a few weeks. And she used the new house for her change of address. At least until she gets settled. In Oregon. Didn't see that coming!  And. We're going to join her on the drive to Oregon. Yay!  Planning for travel while on dialysis. Already let my nurses know. Lol. 

So my life...like everyone else's us a series of events that I need to plan for.  And let's add getting the condo ready fir our renters. Whee!  It never ends. Anyway. Have a great day. I'll be glad when the week is over! Oh yeah. 3 years ago on this day, I moved to Las Vegas. I see a theme here..........

What my kidney set up looks like now. That thing on the bottom uses the local water source to create the dialysate. 



This what I need when I travel....or move.  We have to use 6-7 of those bags. And check the travel case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment