Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The "Keep on Going!", edition.

Good Tuesday morning!  Remembered when I wrote these things every MWF?  Now I write..when I write!  Well first things first. Let me get the sad news out of the way. I lost 2 friends to cancer the last 2 days. One of the friends, our daughters took dancing lessons together when they were 3-4 years old at Toni's School of Dance Arts (who remembers that!!) And he took dancing lessons also. And he performed in the recital!  I was duly impressed. :-)  The second person lived across the street from me when we were kids. His family moved in a year or two after we moved in. He was about a year younger than me. Over the years, a lot of us from the neighborhood and elementary school reconnected thanks to Facebook. Roger and I reconnected. He found out I was in dialysis and I found out he was doing finishing chemotherapy. We supported each other. He got better and was moving on with life. Then this past spring the cancer returned. He always kept us updated. But then he disappeared. And I got concerned. And yesterday came the flood of entries I didn't want to see. It hurts. It makes me cry. 

So.  I can't stop. ESRD and dialysis may slow me down, but I have to keep going. I am doing everything I can to have a reasonable quality of life. And I have the support and love of my friends and family. That is much more important than I think most people realize. The love and support of friends and family help keep me strong. I am acutely aware of how much worse everything could be. Now with that be being said, I am also aware of how much I am doing...and how tired I can get!  Lol. But I can't seem to stop. And for the record, I am not unique among people with ESRD. But there are a lot of ESRD patients who have quite a difficult time, physically, mentally and financially.  We run the spectrum of what we do and what we cannot or will not do. And we are all aware that the state of our health could go bad very quickly. 

With that being said, now that the AKA Leadership conference is over, the move to the new house has gone into overdrive. No, we haven't moved into the house yet. Our target day is next Wednesday. You ask, what is taking so long?  Well, we've been over this.  We had the locks changed. Why does my house have 4 doors?  A door from the garage, a front door, and 2 back doors to the patio area.   Lol.  The gated doors had illegal locks, so the locksmith had to order new locks. Yes, all the door doors have gated doors...in a gated community. Hey. We're from Detroit. Lol.  The locksmith came back yesterday to finish installing the locks. I had a cleaning crew come in. We had to replace the garage door opener. We had to replace the gas stove. Brian had to wait for deliveries and installations while I was at the leadership conference. We also needed to fit in deep water fitness and the trainer.  And the rest of life. We also had to pick up the remotes for the gates to get into the gated community! 

Yesterday we went to deep water fitness, then we had to meet the locksmith back at the house. The parts arrived. He arrived just after 10 and was done in about 45 minutes. Then we had an alarm installed. He arrived just after noon. Lol. I need a class on how to operate the alarm. And now I have an app on my phone for tha house alarm!  Today Dad is getting the Cadillac service of carpet cleaning done. He and Brian just left. Why did Brian go?  He has to show Dad how to use the alarm!! Rofl. Oh yeah. And while we were waiting for the locksmith, Dad brought the jugs of water over. 

Tomorrow we have furniture deliveries. A sofa and rocker recliner from a local furniture store and a delivery from Wayfair. And yes, we all have been moving stuff from here to there. And! Shawn is driving fro Illinois to Oregon with a stop here. So we get a little more help!  I've planned for the movers to come next Wednesday. And Thursday we're headed to the DMV (shudder).  We will also need to contact the cable/internet company.  Dad has already made arrangements for his landline. Whew!  Did I mention I had more house now that furniture?  Lol. And we needed a new bed. Our bed has seen better days. 

Future plans?  Remove the curtains..that's immediate. Replace the blinds, add ceiling fans, replace the dining room light and the wall lights. Brian has a little plot to plant so here comes a herb garden. We have a backyard, so he'd also like a grill. But one thing at a time. Apparently when you buy a house, you get a bag o' projects!  Lol. And of course, one of the main reasons for moving..we're getting a dog!  A Westie puppy!  Whoo hoo!  

Well that's it for today. We're going to fit in a visit to the trainer. Heh. Yesterday we were tired. After dinner I fell asleep. Brian ended up taking a nap around 8 and not waking up until after 11. Oops. I let him sleep because he was tired. But. This meant I would end up skipping treatment. But!  My treatment is flexible. Hah! I'll do treatment after the trainer today. We make do, don't we?  We're all excited about moving. And we're ready to go. And!  We'll be renting the condo. How about that?  So even after we move, we still have stuff to do.  Lol. Anyway. It's cooled down because it's monsoon season. I'll explain that later. Lol.  Have a wonderful day!  



My new bed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment