Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the "I'm Anticipating A Lot Today" edition.

iPod shuffled to "Don't Look Any Further", Dennis Edwards. His is voice distinctive and recognizable. I have some of my regular techs and nurses back. I'm uncomfortable because of my position.  Taking a break. Bbl.  

Ok back. I'm getting cranky. :-(  The arm with needles needs to remain immobile for the next three hours.  Try not moving your arm for three hours.  That being said, you do what you have to do. Getting the catheter removed trumps the immovable arm. Hah!  And yeah, I'm typing this with one hand.  Ipad keyboard makes it easier though, so I'll take the whining down a notch.  How about Beyonce', "Crazy in Love"?  Makes you to the chair dance. 

I'll briefly go into my world of gaming. I left off with mentioning some of the games. What I gravitated toward were MMORPGs,  massively multiplayer online role playing games. What the heck is that, you ask?  In its basic form, I become a fictional character in a virtual world with people from all over the world intent on questing to save the virtual world from bad things. We're heroes!!!!! "Lose Control ", Missy Elliot.  The last good female rapper. Nicki Minaj does not count ;-(   .

I wish I could remember when I started playing"The Realm".  The best I can is about 15 years ago?  I have some friends that can give some guesses { looking at you DeBella and MystoWind }. That actually makes the point that I've known the characters for quite some time. So what were we and what did we do?  Well I need to list the cast of characters that I remember. DeBella, MystoWind, Ib, Jackson, Glitso...I was (and still am) Lalique, the giant warrior with a big enchanted purple axe.  We were human, elves, giants, thieves, wizards, warriors.  "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" , Tears for Fears.  Rofl.  How timely was that song.  We clearly tried to rule "Realm" world. 

Part of the allure of a MMORPG is that you need never play or quest alone. As a matter of fact many profitable quests require.....multiple players. The game had channels were people communicated and talked smack, traded items. But we also got to know each other. And then we'd group up in game. And we'd have a ball. :-)  .  One of my favorite memories was me, Annette and Bella were in a cave and my giant warrior got cursed with berserk and I proceeded to kill my group.  Lol. It took us a moment to realize what was happening. Eventually we had to fight each other. Lol. Anyway. 

That's it for today. Earth, Wind, and Fire, "Shining Star". Lol. Anything EWF takes me back to University  of Michigan. :)  

2 comments:

  1. You have just named one of my favorite memories of that game. As well as the one when some people thought they were going to harass Shawn... my gosh how young she was then... anyway that big ole giant and DeBella (me) went to stand on either side of her and just looked at them.. lol. Tell your father hello from me and Dahnestalighi...yes the husband I met on The Realm. BTW I started playing in 1998 so that shows how long we have known each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez. I've forgotten more than I remember. Lol. 1998 sounds right. I put Shawn around 6-8 years old when we started. And I clearly have purged the Dahnestalghi name. Give him my love. I have a photo of me and him.

    ReplyDelete