Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The "Still Looking for Walking Partners for the NKF Zoo Walk on Sunday Morning" edition.

iPod shuffled to "Happiness Is Just Around The Bend", The Main Ingredient. Cuba Gooding's voice is so unique and distinctive. It may seem I am over sharing details and information, but I subscribe that you can never have enough information.  Someone may be going through something similar, and it's nice to know you're not alone. :-)   Although there were times at work, there were things I wished I didn't know and eventually would be fine with being in the dark.  I digress. Lol 

I got called back by radiology. They wanted additional photos of my right breast. I went yesterday. I really wasn't real worried. There is no history of breast cancer in my family. Lol. We have other issues, but not that. "Nothing But Love", The Five Heartbeats (The Dells). "I Got nothing but love for you baby".  Lol I sing it to my dog. And I love "Choirboy" hitting those high notes.  So the radiologist takes more images.  Afterwards she has me wait for the doctor. He comes into the room and announces, "Your breasts are fine", with a big grin. Lol lol.  Um ok. Lol. I send a text to Brian to let him know. ;-)

"Straight Outta Compton", NWA.  I like it.  Don't judge. Apparently I graduated to larger needles today. It went smoothly. Did I tell you I have a numbing cream I apply about an hour prior to treatment?  It really works. Prior to getting my first stick, I mentioned my apprehension to my tech.  She told me there was a "stick" team and she was the lead "sticker". Well, I have a great relationship with her and trust her with my life (now that's about as literal a statement as I'm going to ever make).  My arm is tired right now.  Taking a break..........one hand typing. Sigh.  Anyway, I've learned who is on the stick team. Naturally, when my sticks started, my tech was on sick leave. ;-(   I was given a list of preferred "stickers". So of course that first day NONE of them were here. Of course.  The stick member that comes over is someone I'd never even seen before.  I tell her no. The next person is at least someone I've seen, so I let him stick me. The sticks have gone well and the flows are good.  One time the needle pressed on a nerve. Now that's something I don't need again, but that happened only once. 

Back to my tech, the lead sticker.  There are patients who will allow only her to stick them. Sometimes I hear people screaming when getting stuck :-(    She graciously goes and sticks other people. I guess I need to use the technical term for "stick". CANNULATE. Cannulate means more that just stick, but we'll go with that for now.  My first stick, I didn't put on the numbing cream. It felt like having an IV inserted. I've had so many IVs that it didn't hurt. However, I still use the numbing cream. :-)  " You Are Everything", The Stylistics. Yep, they are on my list of favorite groups. I even played this song on the piano. I still have the sheet music. :-)   

Signing off with The Roots, "What They Do". Great video.  :-)   I'm still looking for walkers for the National Kidney Foundation Detroit Zoo Walk on Sunday, June 2, 2013. 

2 comments:

  1. I really hate getting stuck. After you've been stuck SO many times, even when not kidney related, it becomes REALLY hard to find veins. I think when people have to deal with chronic health issues, it can begin to feel like you're alone in the experience. Thank you for changing all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We are not alone. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete