Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The "I Can Finally Complete the Tests for The Kidney Transplant" edition.

iPod set to Tavares, "Heaven Must be Missing an Angel". (Did you see what I did?). I finally went back to the basement yesterday. I hadn't been since March. I needed to get several things done on the laptop. Alas, the ipad is not omnipotent.  Last time I encountered the desktop, it had to update a lot of stuff, because I hadn't touched it in two months. Then after the updates, it wanted to reboot. I tried to sync the iPod, but the computer farted and confused the iPod.  Fortunately the iPod was able to reset.  I thought I'd lost it. PANIC. Well not that much, I have a smaller library on the ipad. But still, I've had my handy dandy iPod since 2007. 

So I've been sloppy downloading music from desktop and from the ipad.  How to get a single music library?  Apple, bless its heart, has the "cloud". BTW, Apple didn't invent the cloud.  I was seeing cloud references in the early '90s. Apple just appropriated the "cloud".  Anyway, I need the desktop to activate iTunes Match.  Now all of my music is in the "cloud" and is accessible by any Apple device I have, not that I have that many, I don't. This includes music I've downloaded from any source, music I've copied from my DVDs, and of course iTunes. Tavares, "Remember What I've Told You Forget". He is really apologizing in this song.  Poor thing. :-(

I have to take several more medical tests to have to make sure I am able to have a transplant.  I stopped for a while because of the graduation activities. Tavares, "Check It Out".  Brian likes this song. He can sing it to me anytime. :-)  <3   Yeah, I downloaded a bunch of Tavares yesterday (and other artists) and today I'm starting out with a Tavares playlist instead of the shuffle. 

So yesterday I resumed testing. All that's left are lady parts tests. Yesterday was the mammogram. It doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable. The good news is, it's the shortest test. I was in and out, including registration, within 30 minutes. Yay!  Next week is the final test.  Then I wait.  Man, I've seen more medical people in the last seven months, than I have in my entire lifetime. And it's not going to change. I'm annoyed by this, but I'll get over it.  Oh and the photos of me from Monday?  Everything looks better. I'm healing pretty well. We just kinda marvel at the hole in my chest lol.  I'm guessing it'll close over eventually. It's healed well enough that I can go swimming, and swimming I'm going.  Lol. Been waiting for that for a while!!  The Frankstein scar on my arm is where the two needles are inserted.  The scar is from fixing the hematoma after surgery. The patching from the initial surgery was tape or some adhesive, after the hematoma, staples were used.  The little scar dots are needle holes. Eventually they will use just two holes when the fistula is stronger. (I'm having fun and games with autocorrect -- yay?). 

Ok. Enough of a rambling blog. Thanks for hanging in with me. Signing off with Rachelle Ferrell, "With Open Arms". Best Vocal Gymnastics Ever.  She has the voice and range to pull it off, and makes the song and arrangement enjoyable. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this blog is such a great tool for keeping people informed and educated about not only kidney disease, but chronic medical issues in general and what one must go through. Not for sympathy, but for others to stop taking their own health for granted. Our health and life in general can change on a dime and we should never take one second of life for granted.

    ReplyDelete