Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the "Family and Friends" edition.

Well, we're trying the fistula again. I've turned a little bitchy as to who I want to "stick" me. My tech is out sick (/cry). My back up sticker isn't in today, and the assigned tech is the new lady !
O.o. Yeah that's not happening. The charge nurse did the stick. Yay Margaret!!

So now that my left arm is immobile, I'm doing the right hand one finger typing trick. iPod shuffled to "Be My Girl", The Dramatics. I can listen to Ron Banks all day. /swoon.


 

Family and friends. I mentioned how four old friends from Pastuer Elementary school reconnected. We've know each other almost 50 years. Those friendships were the building blocks for all us to develop new friendships during our lifetime. In other words, we learned how to make friends. The amazing thing about when we got together is, and understand that some of us hadn't seen each other since 6th, 7th grade, we were so open and loving. Open arms and open hearts. Amazing.

The ability to make lifelong friends has served us well. I ran through a list of friends I've made in my lifetime. My friends from church. My friends from Shay Lake. My crew from high school. The people I know from college (all of them - lol). My sorority (AKA), The people I've met at work. People I've met through Brian. People I've met at Shawn's schools. My World of Warcraft crew. These people are blessings and I let them know. :). iPod is giving me a Dramatics-fest. :-D. "Toast to the Fool". I imagine that the other four ladies have developed other wonderful friendships over the years. These are the lessons we learned from each other.

The other group is family. As best as I can remember, my cousin Karen was my very first friend. We have pictures of us together as babies. Our mothers were close and we were together often. I always enjoyed being with her. We'd plot and play. We teased her little brother and were delighted when she got a baby sister. Her mom let us suggest a name for the baby, which was summarily discarded. Lol. If I mention "Teary Deary", we'll both roll our eyes and chuckle. Little brother will laugh.

My Perry family is loving and supportive and too many to mention. A family reunion is a thing of beauty. And diversity - lol. You walk into the room and feel the unconditional love, even if your tag says "David's Granddaughter". Lol lol. And I'm finding more and more Uddybacks. We all just look alike, but when we connected, it was with open arms. :)

It's such a blessing to have friends and family and I feel so blessed and grateful. Thank you all. Each and everyone of my friends is so special and mean the world to me. You are loved and appreciated.

Signing off with "For the Love of You", The Isley Brothers. Omg. If that was coming out of the dorm room, you kept on going. Please don't knock. ;-) Just close your eyes and enjoy Ron Isley. :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Just when I think that the last blog couldn't get any better, you go and out do ypurself. I feel exactly the same way. There is something about coming face to face with death, whether it's your near death experience or losing the people that you love, nevertheless it still changes you forever. I will never be the same. I will never take life for granted. I will never take the people I love for granted. Family and friends are priceless and they will always remain at the top of my list of priorities,only second to God. I am rich in love and very blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed it. Yesterday I had to get some blood work. The tech asked if I was ok. I said I've had blood taken for 56 years lol. He said i look more like 42. (Flatterer!!) I thought about it and realized that I am quite happy with my life right now and wasn't willing to go back 14 years. :)

    Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were on the same wavelength today. Shay Lake.... wow what memories! We must have woke up with the same message from heaven... Thinking what blessings when God sends people into our lives who we can think about those memories of friendships when they reappear. It's nice to have those memories and friends when we need them. They always seem to come just in time.. (smiles)

    ReplyDelete