Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the "If You're Old Enough to Have a Lifeand to have a Job, You Use Facebook Exactly as Advertised. to Find OldFriends", edition.

Changed the format on ya. So yeah. After a while I realized that there is a title header and I really ought to use it. Would make sorting the posts a bit more efficient. Will probably redo previous posts next weekend. And the quote in the title is attributed to Jaron Lanier, a pioneer in the science of virtual reality. Yes, I had to look him up. Ok ok. iPod shuffled to "This is for the Lover in You", Shalimar. Loved the song then it got played.to.death. :( Even now,I cringe a little. Way to overexposed a nice song by the Soul Train group. Hehehe

Ok. Old friends. Really old friends. Well not old as in geriatric, but old as in I've known them for most of my life. Since elementary school. Five of us met up this weekend for lunch. Here's how it happened. Terry and I went out to breakfast about a month ago. Terry and I have been in touch for about 15 years maybe? We worked in the same building when we reconnected. My mom and her mom were still nominally in touch. Terry and I escalated our communication thanks to Facebook. She made a point of coming by the house and was able to visit my mom the last summer Mom was in town. When Mom died, Dad wanted Terry's mom to perform the funeral service (Terry's mom is a retired Episcopal reverend , one of the 1st females). Terry got us together and it worked out. In addition, Terry was there for the family during this time. I've known her and we family since we were about seven.

I'm not sure when we hooked up with Marilyn, but she lived in the next block up from Terry. I remember us getting chased from school by Richard Rogers and Frederick Smith. (Lol. Don't even ask me how I remembered the names ). I also remember going to Marilyn's house for lunch and her mom introducing me to Spaghettios (yumyumyumyum). Yeah. The yums were for 10 year old Pat. Pat of 2013 is not going yumyumyumyum. Our moms also did the Girls Scout Leader thing. Now we didn't hook directly via Facebook, because she's not on Facebook. Yes, these people exist!!! Really!!! I know others. They will not be swayed!!! No hating. ;-)

This is getting long. I'm sorry, but it has to be done. (Phineas and Ferb have somehow influenced how i communicate and don't worry if you don't who they are. I may explain one day). Valerie lived directly across the street from Marilyn. She was the smallest and quietest and the one least prone to start mischief. Every crew needs one like that. Her mom was really nice too. She was the GirlsCout cookie lady. Now that's a hell of a task. I remember going into the basement. I never knew that many Girl Scout cookies could exist. Lol. Val and I reconnected via Facebook through Janet, who we went to high school with. Lots o' tentacles here. Val is going to be catalyst to make sure that 40 years don't pass before we get together again. <3 data-blogger-escaped-.="" data-blogger-escaped-br="">
Finally Roz. Her family loved about 2 blocks west of me. When her family moved to the neighborhood, Roz had the bonus of knowing me coming in, a ready made friend, if you will. How did we know each other you ask? Roz and ALL of her brothers and sister had my mother as their Kindergarten teacher. :-D. "Looking Through the Windows", The Jackson 5. Lol. I wore this song out. I even had the record and a record player at camp. I have no idea how I had a record player at camp. And the album actually belong to Marnell. Lol. It's wild when memories come flooding back. Roz found me in Facebook via Val.

So back to me and Terry at breakfast. We're reminiscing about the old neighborhood and I told her i was in touch with Val and Roz. We agreed to try to hook up. I contacted Val ( all done via Facebook ). Val gave us the added bonus of Roz and Marilyn. Woot!! We used features in Facebook I didn't know existed, but the meeting came to fruition this past Saturday. We stayed at the restaurant 3 hours and a wonderful time. Many thanks to 1917 Bistro for allowing us to take up the table that long and the waitress who took pictures with everyone camera and phone.

Val and Roz got their photos on Facebook. Me? I'm fighting Google+. Lol. I know I can post them here. So I will. I'm pretty sure I know how to move the photos, but I need to get n the computer. Just something the ipad is not meant to do, short of purchasing an app. : /

I have so much more to add, but this post already too long. Maybe I'll add more on Wednesday. Signing off with , "I Wanna Thank You", Frankie Beverly and Maze. Yes yes ok had my Frankie Beverly and Maze period. Then I started to wonder why Frankie never took off his hat. Lol

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to old friends who will be friends till the end. That lunch will be in the memory banks forever. You guys mean so much more to me than you could ever know. I love you guys forever. Keep up the great work with this blog. I'm SO proud of you and each one of you mean the world to me. I love you, Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you back. I just enjoyed being with everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete