Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, September 5, 2014

The "I Gotta Get Back to New Orleans. Just Not in August!", edition.

iPad shuffled to Steely Dan, "FM". "No static at all". But now I listen to satellite. I digress. The Juju Bag Restaurant and Barber Shop. We enter the building. It is a house remoded into a restaurant. I notice I guy with a keyboard setting up right in the front.  The owner welcomes us warmly and gives us a tour. It's not big. We pass tables and the kitchen and head to the backyard. The backyard has more seating and is huge.  We find the girls, er, young ladies out there with their drinks. Shawn has a Jolly Rancher.  And they're all wearing 3 inch heels!  And towering over me. Lol.

Tevin Campbell, "Can We Talk". We return to our seats. Order food and settle in for a good time.  The party consisted of 12 people. We came from Detroit, Champaign/Urbana, Illinois, Houston and Dallas, Texas and Las Vegas, Nevada to celebrate Rose's 80th birthday. Feel the love!  :-)  OMG. My dialysis access site is itching. :-(  Aargh.  As we start to eat, the keyboard guy starts playing and a lady who sounds like Nancy Wilson starts singing!!  A keyboard and a vocalist!!  Right by the front door!! Who knew it could sound so good!!  And she engaged the customers.  More and more people came in. Shawn noticed the Zagat designation on the door. We had a great time and the food was good. No I didn't have "New Orleans" food. I was trying to stick to my renal diet. I had a turkey wrap and it was good!  But ask about the next day! 

The Persuaders, "Thin Line Between Love and Hate". I found my brother's twin. We asked dad about that when we returned home.  Lol. The girls left before us as they planned to enjoy the New Orleans nightlife...in 3 inch heels.  Lol. Whatever. The 4th young lady came with her dad, who lives in town. He dropped them off somewhere near Bourbon Street. In the meantime the owner called for a cab (van) for the rest of us. That turned out badly. The cab passed us by, then lied to their dispatcher. But you know what?  The owner and one of her employees drove us back to the hotel. Which was pretty nice considering the owner lived 3 blocks from her restaurant and our hotel was downtown!  

Vanessa Williams, "Dreamin'". We head to our rooms. Cassandra reminds us she's scheduled a 3 hour tour tomorrow. The bus will pick us up at 9:15. See, the birthday honoree wanted to some sites in New Orleans, including Brad and Angelina's house. :)  Uh oh. I lied. I need another entry to finish!  

The Jackson 5, "Maybe Tommorrow". On the local news front, I finally successfully got my Nevada drivers license. I had to request a copy of my marriage license from Wayne County.  It could not be a copy, it had to have an official seal. All because I changed my name when I got married. ;-/    And Brian got the license plate for the car. We're official!  Hey. The last time I mentioned the visit to the DMV I mentioned we were there the first day they changed their system and were calling us by the last 4 digits of our cell phone numbers. We thought that dumb. But now we know why. Youre sent a text  when it's time go to a window for service. The initial text tells you how many people are ahead of you and your approximate wait.  For me it 79 people and 100 minutes. *sigh*.  You can actually get in line from home. You have the ability to see your place in line.  I got a text 20 minutes before my number would called , to head to the DMV. You can also message back if you need more time.  Very cool. 

Signing off with Jamie Foxx, "I Don't Need It". Nothing much on the dialysis front. I got my flu shot on Wednesday. I'm still trying to get the rest of the fluid off from last weekend. :-(  And finally, there are windows here. I can see the mountains to the northwest. Remember in Detroit we were in the lower level. Like a dungeon. But the week I leave they break ground for a new clinic. On the ground floor.  Lol. Of course. Today may be last of triple digit temps out here!  Lol. Have a great weekend. :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment